Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

veekay
Android 1.0

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by veekay »

I don't know if this is a 3.1 problem only since I flashed my device as soon as it got here.

The masking that you run in the setup where you expand the black to cover the blue seems to change all the time. I will set it up and then go back to the page and it will have shifted - this of course causes the overlay to be messed up.

Volume on the TV is "muted" half of the time and just randomly. We have ours running through the Tivo and even when fast forwarding we sometimes lose volume. If the problem persists after this is final then it will have to be moved to its own input on the TV and just lose the features.
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

veekay wrote:I don't know if this is a 3.1 problem only since I flashed my device as soon as it got here.

The masking that you run in the setup where you expand the black to cover the blue seems to change all the time. I will set it up and then go back to the page and it will have shifted - this of course causes the overlay to be messed up.

Volume on the TV is "muted" half of the time and just randomly. We have ours running through the Tivo and even when fast forwarding we sometimes lose volume. If the problem persists after this is final then it will have to be moved to its own input on the TV and just lose the features.
At least with the volume bug, check the volume settings in the revue itself, make sure they are maxed out. Once I maxed mine out, the volume drops disappeared.
dapanix
Android 1.0

Post by dapanix »

mitchsamuelss wrote: -- Install from USB drive...
Finding Update Package...
E:Can't mount /dev/disk/by-topology/external0-part1
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount USBDISK:update.zip
Installation Aborted

Any ideas Ariq?
help me! I Have the same problem

Thanks
towboy123
1.5 Cupcake

Post by towboy123 »

If the file is named update.zip rename it to update as the .zip may already be there but not being shown by your operating system on your computer.
dapanix
Android 1.0

Post by dapanix »

towboy123 wrote:If the file is named update.zip rename it to update as the .zip may already be there but not being shown by your operating system on your computer.
I have tried in all ways but nothing.
In practice, there is not operating system, in effect the gtv boots directly into recovery

thanks
smaggard85
Android 1.0

Post by smaggard85 »

Today I installed the HC update and everything worked perfectly until I hit the brick wall of not being able to sign into my Google account. I have tried changing my password, using a different account, using wired and wireless, and it's like my box isn't even hooked up to the Internet. I have also tried setting static IP on both wired and wireless, and nothing. I have gone back into recovery in 3.1 and did a factory reset and completely wiped the Revue and still the exact same thing. I noticed that some others had the same problem and was wondering if they ever fixed it or if this is something with the Google servers that will fix itself in a day or two...

Thanks for any help!

P.S. my error messages range from "Unable to establish reliable connection" to "user/pass don't match". Have also tried creating a new account from the Revue and am unable to create a new one.
smaggard85
Android 1.0

Post by smaggard85 »

smaggard85 wrote:Today I installed the HC update and everything worked perfectly until I hit the brick wall of not being able to sign into my Google account. I have tried changing my password, using a different account, using wired and wireless, and it's like my box isn't even hooked up to the Internet. I have also tried setting static IP on both wired and wireless, and nothing. I have gone back into recovery in 3.1 and did a factory reset and completely wiped the Revue and still the exact same thing. I noticed that some others had the same problem and was wondering if they ever fixed it or if this is something with the Google servers that will fix itself in a day or two...

Thanks for any help!

P.S. my error messages range from "Unable to establish reliable connection" to "user/pass don't match". Have also tried creating a new account from the Revue and am unable to create a new one.
FIXED! And it only took hours and hours...

Okay, here's how I did it:

Grabbed my ClearWire hotspot and fired it up. Connected the Revue to the hotspot and tried and still same error message. BUT, I noticed that I had left my ethernet cable plugged into the Revue and thought "hey, it might still be using my ATT DSL." It was in the process of trying to log in via the Register for new account then clicking sign in to existing account when I popped the cat5 cable out and to my shock within 10 seconds it was logged in to my Google account. Weird since every other device on my network is working perfectly, even this computer I'm writing this with has no network issues... I almost thing that the Google servers were somehow blocking my home IP address, maybe from too many failed login attempts or somehow noticing that my IP used to have a stock Revue logged in from it and now it does not.
holleboom
Android 1.0

Post by holleboom »

So I tried updating to HC 3.1. I plugged in USB drive (FAT32) with only update.zip, entered the recovery console by pressing Fn+left en confirmed the update. After a while I got the white triangle with exclamation mark. I tried entering the recovery console again by rebooting but nothing seems to be working, it just keeps rebooting. Did anyone experiece this before and if yes, how to fix it? Thanks a lot, missing my working Revue ;).
raangu
Android 1.0

Post by raangu »

Hi all,

I've updated to hc without problems and everything
works fine, except one (important) thing:
MKV Playback doesn't work for any file, they worked
with the stock firmware (2.2) but now they don't work.
I already did a factory reset, but it did not work :(
Xvid works flawless...

Anyone knows how to fix it / has the same problems?

Thanks,
Raoul
aperry
Android 1.0

Post by aperry »

raangu wrote:Hi all,

I've updated to hc without problems and everything
works fine, except one (important) thing:
MKV Playback doesn't work for any file, they worked
with the stock firmware (2.2) but now they don't work.
I already did a factory reset, but it did not work :(
Xvid works flawless...

Anyone knows how to fix it / has the same problems?

Thanks,
Raoul

MKV is working for me. I'm streaming from a Windows server, running Twonky. The only thing that doesn't work for me is DTS audio, which is pretty painful.