Change Wallpaper

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

azrat
Android 1.0

Change Wallpaper

Post by azrat »

Anyone know how to get a wallpaper to work. My screen is black. I change it but it is still black.
TIA Steve
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Change Wallpaper

Post by killer4110 »

azrat wrote:Anyone know how to get a wallpaper to work. My screen is black. I change it but it is still black.
TIA Steve
Hit the Home button>Menu>>Home and All Apps settings>scroll down to Change Wallpaper.
Try installing a couple different ones,check the community DropBox,there are a couple Live wallpapers in there, you can also side load your own.....
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
azrat
Android 1.0

Post by azrat »

killer4110 wrote:
azrat wrote:Anyone know how to get a wallpaper to work. My screen is black. I change it but it is still black.
TIA Steve
Hit the Home button>Menu>>Home and All Apps settings>scroll down to Change Wallpaper.
Try installing a couple different ones,check the community DropBox,there are a couple Live wallpapers in there, you can also side load your own.....
Ummm....I have done that. The problem is that after setting the wallpaper the screen does not show it. It is black with my widgets showing.

Anybody seen this after they hit the Home button>Menu>>Home and All Apps settings>scroll down to Change Wallpaper?
elsewhat
Android 1.0

Post by elsewhat »

Was just wondering the same wrt. to Live Wallpapers.
As far as I can see, there is no way to view them on GoogleTV.

A shame, as I want to use it for music visualization, but all "apps" I can find have implemented it as a Live Wallpaper.

Found this from the GoogleTV android developer documentation
(http://code.google.com/intl/no-NO/tv/an ... tures.html)
The following Android software features are not supported in the Google TV platform:
Live Wallpaper (android.software.live_wallpaper).
Note: Regular wallpaper is supported, but it is not usually visible because live TV is playing when an application is not running.
Wondering if it is possible to create a normal app which encapsulates any live wallpaper inside. Should be solve my functional needs, but probably not others.
Another alternative would be to look at other launchers to see if they support it.
azrat
Android 1.0

Post by azrat »

I would be happy with plain old static wallpaper.
elsewhat
Android 1.0

Post by elsewhat »

Checked the source of the live wallpaper picker on android and as far as I can see it should be quite easily doable to wrap live wallpapers in a stand-alone android app.

Putting it on my todo list
nogdolan
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by nogdolan »

Launcher Pro will allow you change and view your wallpaper (Live)
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

Here are some great pics to use as wallpaper on your Revue,
I have installed a few and they all work fine,if you use Picasa you can follow him, then all of his photos will show up in your Photo app built into the Revue,just scroll over to the left,for friends and his pics will be there, click on anyone of them and set as wallpaper.

I must give credit to Perd Hapley
https://picasaweb.google.com/1016721459 ... Wallpapers
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse