DLNA that work with Revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

resno
The Green One
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

DLNA that work with Revue

Post by resno »

I wanted to document the DLNA apps that work with the Revue.

Linux:
  • MediaTomb
  • Serviio
Windows:
  • TVersity
  • Playon
  • Serviio
Mac:
  • Netgear Stora (nas drive)
  • Nullriver Medialink
  • TVMobili
  • Netgear Readyshare
  • Serviio
I have started a wiki page to continue this listing. http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Dlna_media_player
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Re: DLNA that work with Revue

Post by davpel »

Mac: (1) Nullriver Medialink (2) TVMobili (3) Netgear Readyshare
aperry
Android 1.0

Post by aperry »

I've found that Twonky works great as a DLNA server for Windows.

I also tried PS3MediaServer, which I got to work after some fussing around. However it won't index my content so I can't use the search feature, which is a deal breaker for me. Not sure if this is a configuration issue, as PS3MediaServer is pretty complex.

XBMC will also act as a DLNA server, and so far it seems to work well with the Revue. I have an Apple TV 2 with XBMC installed and I may end up using this as my DLNA server for the Revue, since Twonky costs $20. Not even sure if I'll keep the Revue, so who knows.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

aperry wrote:I've found that Twonky works great as a DLNA server for Windows.

I also tried PS3MediaServer, which I got to work after some fussing around. However it won't index my content so I can't use the search feature, which is a deal breaker for me. Not sure if this is a configuration issue, as PS3MediaServer is pretty complex.

XBMC will also act as a DLNA server, and so far it seems to work well with the Revue. I have an Apple TV 2 with XBMC installed and I may end up using this as my DLNA server for the Revue, since Twonky costs $20. Not even sure if I'll keep the Revue, so who knows.
You have to keep the Revue, it's only gonna get better :D
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
resno
The Green One

Post by resno »

aperry wrote:Not even sure if I'll keep the Revue, so who knows.
I dont mean to derail the original convo, but I believe, this platform is going somewhere good. Google has promised an SDK soonish.
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

they recently updated the gtv market. that shows they haven't forgotten. once we get honeycomb stable, and proper software root method...we are golden.

i'm trying to set up vlc to stream but unfortunately i'm on a mac and its telling me to do something in the options to get it going. i'm trying to find the proper option in mac version of vlc. my pc has no wifi as of right now.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

I dont think vlc is dlna i could be wrong. Regardless the vlc client works on gtv, also plex works on wifi.

--X
aperry
Android 1.0

Post by aperry »

Resno and Killer --

I'm trying my best here. I really like the concept and Honeycomb is definitely showing promise. I can even live with the clunky DLNA media streaming and Logitech Media Streamer. But the lack of DTS is killing me. I really was hoping this could replace my WDTV Live for local media streaming. So far I'm working around it with the Popcorn AudioConverter software (which is great software), but I'm really not happy about it.

I tried out Plex and while I can't actually get any video to play on it, I do love the way it looks. I'd be 100% sold on the Revue if Plex were fully functional (with DTS).

Someone pointed me to the Google TV 2.0 list of supported A/V codecs. It seems like there's hope for DTS, but I was really disappointed to see it missing from this beta.
grayman4hire
Android 1.0

Post by grayman4hire »

xsirxx wrote:Regardless the vlc client works on gtv
--X
Can you clarify this statement?
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

aperry wrote:Resno and Killer --

I'm trying my best here. I really like the concept and Honeycomb is definitely showing promise. I can even live with the clunky DLNA media streaming and Logitech Media Streamer. But the lack of DTS is killing me. I really was hoping this could replace my WDTV Live for local media streaming. So far I'm working around it with the Popcorn AudioConverter software (which is great software), but I'm really not happy about it.

I tried out Plex and while I can't actually get any video to play on it, I do love the way it looks. I'd be 100% sold on the Revue if Plex were fully functional (with DTS).

Someone pointed me to the Google TV 2.0 list of supported A/V codecs. It seems like there's hope for DTS, but I was really disappointed to see it missing from this beta.
Like you said, This Beta, HC 3.1 is still in beta, it has not been officially released yet, there are alot of bugs still, you cant expect greatness and perfection in a beta release, give it some time, continue to dig and research.As i am typing this,my Revue rebooted,again. lol damnit

I am sure you are not the only one with this problem, some one on the forums will find a work around,and then you will be more than happy with the Revue, just give it some time :D
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse