accessing recovery mode/receiving OTA's with the 3.1 beta

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

beebop
Android 1.0

accessing recovery mode/receiving OTA's with the 3.1 beta

Post by beebop »

I was just wondering, has anyone figured out how to access recovery mode from the 3.1 upgrade? Holding FN and left arrow doesn't seem to be working anymore. Also, is OTA updating enabled on this build? I'm just wondering how we'll get out of this build if we can't get to recovery,and hopefully the OTA updating is still intact.

ALT+L is the correct button combination
Last edited by resno on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added note for alt-l being the combo.
joedeveloper
1.5 Cupcake

Re: accessing recovery mode/receiving OTA's with the 3.1 bet

Post by joedeveloper »

beebop wrote:I was just wondering, has anyone figured out how to access recovery mode from the 3.1 upgrade? Holding FN and left arrow doesn't seem to be working anymore. Also, is OTA updating enabled on this build? I'm just wondering how we'll get out of this build if we can't get to recovery,and hopefully the OTA updating is still intact.
I think it's ALT+L

In regards to the OTA, probably not, but even if not we'll just get the official update.zip and do the same process.
beebop
Android 1.0

Post by beebop »

thanks for the answer. As long as we have a way to flash a new update.zip then we'll eventually be able to update. As soon as the next signed OTA update comes out...which will hopefully use the HC bootloader.
jeffrapp
Android 1.0

Post by jeffrapp »

Is it still the power on, wait a second, hold the button then reboot process? A power outage seemed to have killed my box, and I can't get any further than the Logitech Revue splash.
blumail
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by blumail »

i have the same problem...a power outage killed the Revue...have u fixed it?
ScienceProjectX
Android 1.0

Post by ScienceProjectX »

Same problem here, but this is the third time for me (lots of power outages) the good news is i have fixed it 2 out of the 3 so far, by doing random combinations of reset alt +L and am now trying to document the actions I am taking this time to maybe help others and myself for another future power outage. I would encourage others to do the same and maybe we can have a documented fix for this. ill update if I stumble across the magic sequence again
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

We are getting a hurricane on saturday night here, i am being forced to leave my house on friday night, i must unplug the Revue, do you think i will have issues when i plug it back in? :?
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
surprisinguy
Android 1.0

Post by surprisinguy »

I'd leave it plugged in
jeffrapp
Android 1.0

Post by jeffrapp »

ScienceProjectX wrote:Same problem here, but this is the third time for me (lots of power outages) the good news is i have fixed it 2 out of the 3 so far, by doing random combinations of reset alt +L and am now trying to document the actions I am taking this time to maybe help others and myself for another future power outage. I would encourage others to do the same and maybe we can have a documented fix for this. ill update if I stumble across the magic sequence again
Could you possible elaborate on this?
PuppyHacker
Android 1.0

Post by PuppyHacker »

ScienceProjectX wrote:Same problem here, but this is the third time for me (lots of power outages) the good news is i have fixed it 2 out of the 3 so far, by doing random combinations of reset alt +L and am now trying to document the actions I am taking this time to maybe help others and myself for another future power outage. I would encourage others to do the same and maybe we can have a documented fix for this. ill update if I stumble across the magic sequence again
Any luck coming across that magic sequence??