bug report for Official OTA 3.1

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

leiko49
Android 1.0

bug report for Official OTA 3.1

Post by leiko49 »

just installed the official 3.1 OTA. Noticed no thread for bug report for official version, maybe new thread helpful for this.

Bug #1
programs pre-installed in Android Market do not list as installed, but states "not compatible"

Bug #2
Tried to install a program not pre-installed, Big Picture Google TV, on the install page states "installing" forever, cannot open from this page, but then going to all applications page shows it was installed, but when opened, displays only first picture of a series, later pictures remain blank

*correction: some pictures are visible during scrolling through the pics, but some remain blank
MStrawder
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: bug report for Official OTA 3.1

Post by MStrawder »

Getting a slight delay with IR commands to my audio receiver from time to time. No certain function seems to trigger it that I can tell, but unlike in the 3.1 UDB, when it does occur, it only lags for 4-5 seconds and it doesn't cause a FC.
shakuyi
Android 1.0

Post by shakuyi »

leiko49 wrote:just installed the official 3.1 OTA. Noticed no thread for bug report for official version, maybe new thread helpful for this.

Bug #1
programs pre-installed in Android Market do not list as installed, but states "not compatible"

Bug #2
Tried to install a program not pre-installed, Big Picture Google TV, on the install page states "installing" forever, cannot open from this page, but then going to all applications page shows it was installed, but when opened, displays only first picture of a series, later pictures remain blank

*correction: some pictures are visible during scrolling through the pics, but some remain blank
were you coming from a leak build? did you do a hard reset? you are supposed to avoid app issues
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

yeah, these bugs are from no factory reset coming from leaked builds onto official release.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

I am no longer able to get the Revue to control my Dish 922 receiver. It had worked on 2.1 and the 3.1 beta.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

this seems to be a real bug. I would hit up Logitech forums I guess.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
doug piston
Android 1.0

Post by doug piston »

E/ActivityThread( 289): Failed to find provider info for com.google.android.gsf.gservices

My market does not seem to be working..

This was coming from the leaked userdbug and getting the update by doing a factory reset.

EDIT*******

Upon further review of some more logcats it seemed like the market could not figure out who I was. Meaning didn't look like my gmail was linked. Also could not find my Gmail account in the "Accounts". Factory reset, re-input my info and market works as intended.
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake

Post by Jarhead »

I keep getting reboots after trying to control my TV or receiver. It seems like the commands never get sent, like a channel number for instance. I choose a channel to go to in the alf app, but the channel numbers never show up on the screen and are never sent, then it just reboots a few seconds (maybe 10) later.
Happened more than a few times.
Only OEM firmware ever on it.
69dart
Android 1.0

Post by 69dart »

I was on the 3.1 user debug and after the OTA I had lost Chrome browser. I tried reinstalling Chrome it went through all the motions,but it was unsuccessful. I then did the reset by holding the pair/reset button went though all the set-up again. Now looks like all my apps are back.
foreverinour
Android 1.0

Post by foreverinour »

not sure if this is really a bug or not but i cant access spotlight or the android market. the market just stays on a black screen. spotlight gives an error