3.1 update worked, but is now bricked?

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Raloc
Android 1.0

3.1 update worked, but is now bricked?

Post by Raloc »

Hi, I set out to install the ota 3.1 update today as per this thread:
http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic393.html

Being on the old 2.1 build (the latest ota one to be precise) I had to install the leaked honeycomb build, so I went about installing this http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic15.html precise rom. Everything went smoothly and managed to boot to the setup screen, but I figured since I was just going to install something over it again there wasn't much point in setting up, so I unplugged the device, loaded the 3.1 ota onto a flash drive, plugged the usb in and then the revue and went about the same procedure to get back into the recovery.

Except this time it started hanging at the Logitech Revue with Google Tv boot screen, will no longer boot into the main OS and cannot seem to access recovery mode in any way shape or form. Holding the connect button at boot now reboots the device after exactly 10 seconds of it being held and holding it even after the device has been running for a bit at the logitech screen produces the same results. I've tried pressing alt+L and fn+left arrow to try and go into the recovery from the logitech screen but that hasn't worked at all. I've also tried unplugging various hdmi cables and starting with different loadouts/changing them while it's on to see if it would do anything to wake the device up but it doesn't seem to to much of anything.

Other things I have tried: I noticed in one thread that some people mentioned pressing the connect button once after startup and letting it do it's thing but I haven't had any luck, I've formatted my flash drive with both the built in windows format tool and the hp format utility (putting the same update back on the drive named update.zip afterwards) and trying both usb ports but considering it doesn't seem to get to a point where it wants to use them it seems moot

If there is any key piece of information I'm missing here that is common knowledge would be great if some one could enlighten me! If not maybe explain to me my options with what I have with the device aside from attempting to get it RMA'd
hoochster
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: 3.1 update worked, but is now bricked?

Post by hoochster »

The only thing I have to say is it most likely can be fixed. I don't know how an RMA would work out being as you did a manual update and such. But that is your choice to try. Otherwise, I know Zenofex and the GTVH team should be posting some info on how to do some un-bricking soon that I can confirm works from my own experience. But it does take some soldering ability. Hopefully that will get you fixed up. Be patient, all part of trying to be the first out the gate, that's how I bricked mine too is wanting it NOW! :) And it was worth it heh.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: 3.1 update worked, but is now bricked?

Post by Discovered »

Yeah, remember that once you complete the setup of the revue, that it restarts to finish the install... i guess you unplugging the box would lead the box to a half-installed os.. the fix should be up very shortly.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS