Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Moderator: Revue Mod

killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Post by killer4110 »

camcdonald1 wrote:
camcdonald1 wrote:Has anyone figured a pattern/reasoning behind why some userdebug revues have gotten the OTA? I remember on an early version of android (cupcake maybe) users found a way to force an OTA though a series of steps. Thoughts?
Answered my own question! From logitech support they said to long press pair button (1 min) and release. Skip the setup steps and navigate to settings>about>update. This worked for me on userdebug with recovery added.
Can anyone else test to confirm?
This did not work for me.....
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

One of the boxes i installed the userdebug on just received the official OTA update.....
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
Discovered
2.2 Froyo
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Discovered »

Do you remember if it had the un-neutered recovery?
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
Character Zero
Android 1.0

Post by Character Zero »

I got the update yesterday. I had UserDebug but no recovery. I had to do a factory reset to complete the update (it didn't tell me that but some icons were missing and I had read about someone doing a factory reset here). I really had no choice, it was already installed when I got home from work.
tcblues
Android 1.0

Post by tcblues »

In my case it is not possible to install maps, gtalk, gmail ... what a [stuff] all this
IPvFletch
Android 1.0

Post by IPvFletch »

FWIW, the update is working for me (manually via USB thumb drive, not OTA). I had to use a different USB thumb drive. I tried three times and it kept failing. I verified I had it formatted FAT/32 and renamed to update.zip. I did it a 4th time using a different USB thumb drive, and it worked. I also formatted it FAT/32 from the same PC (Win7)... So, whoever said try a different USB thumb drive, you were RIGHT, and I am just re-iterating your reasoning here. They are not all made alike, apparently.. :) Thanks!
M1cha
Android 1.0

Post by M1cha »

I got the update OTA :D
BTW: I'm living in germany and never thought this will happen :)
olinjoseph
Android 1.0

Post by olinjoseph »

So I'm a noob - and I rooted and installed the 3.1 original BETA release. This week I apparently got the OTA official release, and now I have no access to the Market, Chrome, etc.

I'm not exactly sure, in layman's terms, what I need to do to fix this issue. Can someone help out a noob that probably shouldn't have done this in the first place? I'd be willing to make a PayPal donation for your time and instructions.

Best!

Olin
[email protected]
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Post by MStrawder »

olinjoseph wrote:So I'm a noob - and I rooted and installed the 3.1 original BETA release. This week I apparently got the OTA official release, and now I have no access to the Market, Chrome, etc.

I'm not exactly sure, in layman's terms, what I need to do to fix this issue. Can someone help out a noob that probably shouldn't have done this in the first place? I'd be willing to make a PayPal donation for your time and instructions.

Best!

Olin
[email protected]
Try doing a 'Factory Reset'. Several users have reported a similar issue and this seemed to be the fix. Settings > About > Factory Reset.
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

ha...wow. this sucks. i just got the update.

i was planning on staying on the user debug. i lost adb root. i'm actually really upset about this. i wasn't even asked to accept the update. i just woke up and everything was all messed up with missing icons and stuff. checked the system version...and no more debug.

does any1 know if we can just flash back to user debug? or will it brick? also..did the update fix my recovery automatically? i don't wanna be on official software with botched recovery. cuz then i really can't get back.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums