Best Buy dumping open boxes

gottahavit
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Best Buy dumping open boxes

Post by gottahavit »

Not sure if this is all best Buys or not, but something to keep your eyes open for if you are interested.

Mine had several open boxes for 84.99. Picked one up to play with.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Best Buy dumping open boxes

Post by killer4110 »

gottahavit wrote:Not sure if this is all best Buys or not, but something to keep your eyes open for if you are interested.

Mine had several open boxes for 84.99. Picked one up to play with.

Sweet, i will have to take a trip to worst buy tomorrow morning.
The store near me will not even show a Revue to a customer,
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

wow i have to say, I haven't done much yet, but, so far this thing is so much better than the revue. it plays ALL my HD content off the network, have not verified how its handling DTSHD yet(passthrough or downconvert), but it does play it. It even play VOBs. Hopefully we can get the revue playing stuff this well when the the official firmware is released.
superdave
Android 1.0

Post by superdave »

if what you have is better than the Revue.... I must have missed somewhere what it is you have ??
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

superdave wrote:if what you have is better than the Revue.... I must have missed somewhere what it is you have ??
as stated I bought a Sony Google TV Blu-ray. The device in the forum topic. Hopefully the media support will be improved with the final 3.1 release for the Revue. I do like it's Harmony Link software as I use Harmony remotes, but aside from that the Sony is just better. Not to mention that for less money i got a Blu-ray player too.
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

gottahavit wrote:
superdave wrote:if what you have is better than the Revue.... I must have missed somewhere what it is you have ??
as stated I bought a Sony Google TV Blu-ray. The device in the forum topic. Hopefully the media support will be improved with the final 3.1 release for the Revue. I do like it's Harmony Link software as I use Harmony remotes, but aside from that the Sony is just better. Not to mention that for less money i got a Blu-ray player too.
I even thought you were talking about the Revue, i just thought you posted in the wrong forum.

With that said, let me get this right, you bought an open box Sony TV,with blu-ray for 84.99????

Where do you live, im on my way...
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

killer4110 wrote:
gottahavit wrote:
I even thought you were talking about the Revue, i just thought you posted in the wrong forum.

With that said, let me get this right, you bought an open box Sony TV,with blu-ray for 84.99????

Where do you live, im on my way...
YES They has 2, they had them at 50% off already discounted open box, so in the end it was 60% off. This was the Burlington Vermont store. As I said this could have just been a "store" thing i do not know, but it seemed too good a deal to pass up. Everything was in the box, device works perfectly.
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

The store near me is only willing to take 10% off the returned item,and they have a couple of them
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

killer4110 wrote:The store near me is only willing to take 10% off the returned item,and they have a couple of them
clearance is usually a store-by-store decision. I just thought I'd post it here so others could at least check it out. I almost bought both of them, but I do have the revue already.
anuraj1
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by anuraj1 »

I exchanged the Logitech Revue I bought 2 weeks ago for the Sony Blu Ray box and I love it so far. The Best Buy I went to had new ones for $199 and open box ones for $225. Even they couldn't answer why it was like that haha.