Revue cancelled?

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Revue cancelled?

Post by killer4110 »

Here is a new video uploaded by GoogleTV.

http://youtu.be/HkIJZnIyxd4

Alot of questions are answered here, i think this is the best video yet, but for some reason the media outlets wont report on this??

So even though Logitech is dumping the Revue, it sounds like Google will keep us entertained for awhile..
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
h8isgr8
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by h8isgr8 »

F#ck google and their "cloud" BS. Stop trying to shove this sh!t down our throats.

At 33:35 someone asks about external storage FTP access and he goes on a rant about how google is all cloudy eyed and we should just STFU about it.
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

h8isgr8 wrote:F#ck google and their "cloud" BS. Stop trying to shove this sh!t down our throats.

At 33:35 someone asks about external storage FTP access and he goes on a rant about how google is all cloudy eyed and we should just STFU about it.
You could have stated that you did not like the video, that's all......
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
h8isgr8
Android 1.0

Post by h8isgr8 »

I didn't say I had a problem with the video, just his response to one of the many questions.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Heh! He did not answer questions. ALL answers were like "we are thinking_about/working_on this". :-D
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

mcd2000 wrote:Heh! He did not answer questions. ALL answers were like "we are thinking_about/working_on this". :-D
Your right, i guess they were questions that i needed answered.

All in all i think it was a good video.....
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
surprisinguy
Android 1.0

Post by surprisinguy »

I think it was a good video. He answered honestly, but also declined comment on some of the future plans ("slingbox like" applications) probably because some things he's not allowed to discuss. Where the ftp access question was answered, he just said they're not going in that direction and that storage for items you'd like to see through GoogleTV would have to be cloud based. Soooo, I think that if you're just wanting GoogleTV to absolutely provide support for ftp access in the future you definitely ARE sol and you should go another direction.
His comments on the Revue was what I was looking for and he did well on that aspect. From what I understood, the Revue will not be left in the dust after Logitech cuts it loose.
meibs
Android 1.0

Post by meibs »

Hey guys, just saw this article on Yahoo! Bye Bye Revue.

Logitech Pulls Plug on GooleTV
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

meibs wrote:Hey guys, just saw this article on Yahoo! Bye Bye Revue.

Logitech Pulls Plug on GooleTV
have you been following the conversation, or have you watched the video, sure Logitech is pulling the plug on the Revue,but Google is not giving up on it.

So while you say Bye Bye to Logitech, i am saying Hello to Google.........................................
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
Liam.f
Android 1.0

Post by Liam.f »

I see this in a positive light I'd much prefer google to put out my finished OS on the device than Logitech, maybe then we could get updated OS releases on time (not pointing any fingers.. ;) )
But seriously from Google's point of view, keeping this device alive is key to the survival of GTV until they get a good number of low and mid range priced devices to support the OS.
We are their main fan base and as such IMHO they will do anything to keep this device up-to-date and supported.