DLNA Frustration HC 3.1

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

cmartin732
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

DLNA Frustration HC 3.1

Post by cmartin732 »

Love the Revue with HC 3.1. Does everything I want except play video from my DLNA server.

DLNA Server: Seagate GoFlex Home 1TB
Stock Revue: Showed folder structure but did not display any video title, could access photos and music
HC Leak #1 (55579): Played video perfectly, could access photos and music
HC Leak #2 (58801): Shows folder structure and displays video titles, errors "cannot play video file", can access photos and music

The videos are converted using DVD Catalyst 4.0 with TIVO profile (720x480, mpeg2_mp2, 2000Kbps video, 128Kbps stereo audio, mpg file extension). Re-encoding is not an option for me as I have a large library that is being accessed via Sony BDP-S470 and Sony BDP-S370 Blu-Ray players on same network.

I could use the recovery_un-neuter files and re-install HC Leak #1 (55579) but everything I am reading says that is a fairly buggy release and should be avoided. I'm hoping there is a file from HC Leak #1 (55579) that can be extracted from the update and installed into the HC Leak #2 (58801) to fix my problem.

I've searched the forums and read what I can find, but haven't found a solution to this problem. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
gottahavit
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: DLNA Frustration HC 3.1

Post by gottahavit »

cmartin732 wrote:Love the Revue with HC 3.1. Does everything I want except play video from my DLNA server.

DLNA Server: Seagate GoFlex Home 1TB
Stock Revue: Showed folder structure but did not display any video title, could access photos and music
HC Leak #1 (55579): Played video perfectly, could access photos and music
HC Leak #2 (58801): Shows folder structure and displays video titles, errors "cannot play video file", can access photos and music

The videos are converted using DVD Catalyst 4.0 with TIVO profile (720x480, mpeg2_mp2, 2000Kbps video, 128Kbps stereo audio, mpg file extension). Re-encoding is not an option for me as I have a large library that is being accessed via Sony BDP-S470 and Sony BDP-S370 Blu-Ray players on same network.

I could use the recovery_un-neuter files and re-install HC Leak #1 (55579) but everything I am reading says that is a fairly buggy release and should be avoided. I'm hoping there is a file from HC Leak #1 (55579) that can be extracted from the update and installed into the HC Leak #2 (58801) to fix my problem.

I've searched the forums and read what I can find, but haven't found a solution to this problem. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Apparently the 1st leak support mpeg-2, but the 2nd does not. I saw some support statement on the original FW saying they would probably never support mpeg-2 due to licensing. My guess is it showed up as a fluke. It's unfortunate as about half my library is mpeg-2. I am hopeful we will get working plex sooner or later though which should provide decent work around.