Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
D-Bone
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by D-Bone »

Hello, I am also having troubles getting my movie sheets to display. I have gone through the forums here and looked over all the suggestions but they still don't show up.

The Important Info:

GTVBox Version: 0.3
Using ThumbGen 1.2.8.0 (tried movienizer also, no joy. I like the functionality of ThumbGen so far.)
-Using the WDTVLive Movies Sheet profile
-Having it generate Thumbnail, Extra Thumbnail, and Main Moviesheet

Folder structure is as follows:
Movies (folder)
-Movie 1 (folder)
--Movie 1.mkv
--Movie 1_sheet.jpg
--Movie 1.jpg
--folder.jpg
-Movie 2 (folder)
--Movie 2.avi
--Movie 2_sheet.jpg
--Movie 2.jpg
--folder.jpg

I have tried all 3 movie sheet options with the application itself.
Navigating to the Movie folder within GTVBov shows the sub-folders. Highlighting sub folder Movie 1 or Movie 2 shows nothing. Navigating to the movie itself shows no sheets or covers as well.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here, everything looks as it should according to previous poster's suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any assistance! Love the app so far otherwise!
If you think growing up is tough, then you're just not grown up enough.
jplaney
Android 1.0

Post by jplaney »

I have the exact same set-up as D-Bone. I even tried to move the individual movie folders out of the main "Movie" folder and still had no luck. These files are all on the SMB share and not on a usb drive. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.
zymurgist
Android 1.0

Post by zymurgist »

New update for covers and sheets is awesome! What is the maximum resolution? Also, any plans for MKV embedded titles?
deviousrich
Android 1.0

Post by deviousrich »

i have to say this is just brilliant. i had my collection setup for acRyan movie sheets, but a quick batch file last night to copy all hte jpgs into the right naming for GTVBox and now all run spot on.

for those that mentioned issues, incase it helps my structure is as follows (note that i know some of these files arent needed for gtvBox)

folder called "300 (2006)"
0001.jpg
300 (2006).jpg
300 (2006).mkv
300 (2006).mkv.tgmd
300 (2006).mkv_sheet.jpg
300 (2006).nfo
300 (2006)_sheet.jpg
folder.jpg

and this is using the WD setting within gtvbox. and that works great :D

now the only gripe i have is on playback of massive mkvs the buffering and fast forwarding (massive = ~>10G)
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

D-Bone wrote: Folder structure is as follows:
Movies (folder)
-Movie 1 (folder)
--Movie 1.mkv
--Movie 1_sheet.jpg
--Movie 1.jpg
--folder.jpg
-Movie 2 (folder)
--Movie 2.avi
--Movie 2_sheet.jpg
--Movie 2.jpg
--folder.jpg
Hm... It should work. Could you archive your folder contents (except of mkv files) and send them to contact at gtvbox.net?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

deviousrich wrote: now the only gripe i have is on playback of massive mkvs the buffering and fast forwarding (massive = ~>10G)
I cannot do anything about fast-forward yet, but the next version will have some enhancement of high-bitrate streaming.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

zymurgist wrote:New update for covers and sheets is awesome! What is the maximum resolution? Also, any plans for MKV embedded titles?
You mean covers inside MKV?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
JBark
Android 1.0

Post by JBark »

mcd2000 wrote:I cannot do anything about fast-forward yet, but the next version will have some enhancement of high-bitrate streaming.
That's excellent news, because right now that's the only thing stopping me from using this 100% of the time. SD and low bitrate 720p play perfectly over SMB, but anything higher and it lags horribly every 10 seconds or so. I am on wireless N, but even the highest bitrate 1080p stuff I've got plays perfectly in the Logitech Player over DLNA.
dkomi
Android 1.0

Post by dkomi »

Great, great player. I only wonder why some mkv subs show up and some don't. The application sees the subtitles but then doesn't show them.
Is there something i can change in the settings to achieve this?

thanks.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

JBark wrote: That's excellent news, because right now that's the only thing stopping me from using this 100% of the time. SD and low bitrate 720p play perfectly over SMB, but anything higher and it lags horribly every 10 seconds or so. I am on wireless N, but even the highest bitrate 1080p stuff I've got plays perfectly in the Logitech Player over DLNA.
If you are interested in testing, please, mail me to contact at gtvbox.net. I'll send you test builds, so we can try to "tune" caching performance.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page