Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Moderator: Revue Mod

sil3ntki11
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 UserDebug Leaked!

Post by sil3ntki11 »

havikx wrote:
vlad wrote:another question - what's the version of flash embedded in chrome?
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Any1 have adb hooked up to their revue? Terminal emulators don't work and id like to try to write a script to set root permissions.
Yeah it's pretty easy. Just enable remote debugging in the Settings under Applications >> Development.
Add your computers IP address to the field shown and then go to adb.

In your console type "adb connect IP_ADDRESS_HERE:5555". 5555 is the port which the Revue uses. Once you have connected, just type "adb shell" and you are set. Type "su" and you have root.
Droid X: Shuji 2.1 Rom (.602 GB Kernel)
Logitech Revue: 3.1 UserDebug
danger-rat
Contributor

Post by danger-rat »

Its easy to get adb access, however, I've not been able to mount system as r/w...
vlad
Android 1.0

Post by vlad »

cthalupa wrote:Played a couple of movies just fine over dlna, though one I couldn't get the audio to work.
Likely is DD encoded. Notorious issue with 2.1 Revue... Can you try to download hddvd_demo_1080p.mkv here:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/53 ... s_5.1.html
and check if it's possible to switch audio tracks in media player and also see which ones are playable and which aren't.
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

danger-rat wrote:Its easy to get adb access, however, I've not been able to mount system as r/w...
So no go on superuser yet. Damn.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
Character Zero
Android 1.0

Post by Character Zero »

So I have been going back and forth on updating from 2.1. The one catch is the uncertaincy of being able to update to.the final version. Is it worth it?
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

I think it is, you can do so much more with this release........
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
danger-rat
Contributor

Post by danger-rat »

Character Zero wrote:So I have been going back and forth on updating from 2.1. The one catch is the uncertaincy of being able to update to.the final version. Is it worth it?
You almost definitely WILL be able to update to the officially released version - in fact there's probably very little you can do to prevent it. However, you won't be able to install any more leaked versions in the interim, because the ability to manually install via recovery is removed.

Your choice is sticking with the older leaked HC, out sticking with the newer leaked HC. Either way, you're likely to get the official release...
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

danger-rat wrote:
Character Zero wrote:So I have been going back and forth on updating from 2.1. The one catch is the uncertaincy of being able to update to.the final version. Is it worth it?
You almost definitely WILL be able to update to the officially released version - in fact there's probably very little you can do to prevent it. However, you won't be able to install any more leaked versions in the interim, because the ability to manually install via recovery is removed.

Your choice is sticking with the older leaked HC, out sticking with the newer leaked HC. Either way, you're likely to get the official release...

I am curious why you are so sure that the official OTA will work with this leak? Most "leaked" ROMs for other android devices have refused to take OTAs. The OTAs often take a checksum or something to that they are updating from an official version. At least that's what happenned with all the Droid X updates.

I Don't get me wrong I am not saying it won't work, I'm just curious why you are so sure it will?
Character Zero
Android 1.0

Post by Character Zero »

Temptation got the better of me and I updated.
danger-rat
Contributor

Post by danger-rat »

That's a fair challenge...

Let's just say that I doubt that this leaked ROM is less likely to accept an update than the previous leaked ROM. The same risk is inherent in both.

I've not seen a leaked ROM refuse an update before, and have only seen tweaked, custom, or self compiled ROMs fail updates (AOSP builds, etc). I may be moving in different circles than you, and you may know more than me in this area. Personally, I'm a mod for several Android forums, and have over 6000 posts, but they are specific to certain devices, and I'm willing to concede that...

Basically, if you have already flashed the previous ROM you could be SOL already, but I don't have that fear, and have acted accordingly.

You are right though, I possibly shouldn't encourage others to be as reckless... :)