My revue can not reboot

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

tolu24
Android 1.0

Re: My revue can not reboot

Post by tolu24 »

try installing an older version of my logitech HC 3.1 revue and it does not start, I tried to reinstall version HC 3.1 without success.
anyone can help me thanks
BotsOne
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by BotsOne »

Same deal here, I put both files on the jump drive, and when it came time to flash, I accidentally named the newer gingerbread leak as update.zip instead of the older one.

The file started to install, rebooted, and eventually wound up on the exclaimation point error screen. Now my recovery is not accessible. Upon reboot I first get the revue logo, then it goes to the exclamation point.

I have got the first gingerbread leak, both zipped and unzipped, in the root of the jump drive now. I have tried benjmyers1's instructions about 20 times. 3 of those attempts were each made after unplugging the device for 20+ minutes.

I'm going to try to format the jump drive and try some more. It seems as if I have the same issue as the rest of you, but I'm just doing something wrong. I will report back after formatting, and a few more retries.
McGyver
Android 1.0

Post by McGyver »

So you are saying that this 20 minute thing is for the second update, after successfully getting the first one to install via Bens 'one touch' step by step??

I still can't get the first update back on, even with this instruction.

I had leak 1 on, first try 8-) ....played around for a couple minutes with it, then powered down....removed the thumbdrive, and put the second update on it...using the instructions I painfully extracted from reading the other threads over and over again. (never thought to read here, since I had no 'troubles') a mistake..

When I plugged the power back in, the "Logitech Revue" screen is the only thing I've seen since...never had an opportunity to install the second one...(I'll be seeing it in my sleep)
I'm assuming this is where many are stuck?
I've farted with this thing ALL DAY!!! 8 hours...formatting, extracting..at least 200 times...

FYI
When I successfully installed leak 1, I was using the USB NEAREST the CAT5 socket, and held the button thru the second appearance of the boot screen...
I've tried both USB's...
I've tried extracting flat out to the thumb, w/out the folder...
I've done the 20 minute waits...
I dl'ed the update from a different site..
Holding the button...tapping the button... :cry:

I wonder if I return/exchange this thing, if it'll be tracked back to me, and found out that I did this, (and be charged for it) or if it'll just go in the dumpster?

Any thoughts?

Kenslypig wrote:Thank you!! I was finally able to get that thing working again by doing just as you described. BUT...
When I pulled the power cord in an attempt to install the 2nd update I also was unable to get the recovery up. It just stayed at the logo. Funny how I just did it a few minutes ago and was following the same procedure I just had success with. Here's what I discovered! Whenever I wanted to go into recovery I had to leave it unplugged for 20 minutes. Every time! I actually used a timer.
Once it was unplugged for 20 minutes i tried the same exact instructions and BAM success! When I saw the tv with the scroll bar underneath i then did the ALT L and the rest is history. I am now rocking the 2nd update with Netflix working.
tolu24
Android 1.0

Post by tolu24 »

I installed Honeycomb 3.1 on my Logitech Revue(1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579) but, after access in recovery and install update.zip, out error installation aborted failed to stat build.pro.

I tried flash release Honeycomb 3.1 but go only error.

attached screen http://static.nexus-lab.com/wp-content/ ... 115116.jpg

probably the only way to solve this problem is to use Android sdk.

Help me...THanks
McGyver
Android 1.0

Post by McGyver »

Maybe some pictures will get some attention...

Another question I have, am I putting the files on the thumb drive correctly?
Like this? :
And the files unpacked here:

Someone please throw me a bone here?

Thanks in advance...

PS...
Another thing that might be an issue...
I bought this unit after the price drop, and after the Best Buy had already run out....waited for the first new shipment...
Think that Logitech did something different to the newer boxes to prevent what we are doing to them?
I can't understand how some are having no problems, and others are....and how some are getting thru with Bens fix, and others can't....
I read for 2 days before trying this...I didn't rush into it...I used to 'test' DTV....and I never messed up a card...
theearthisflat
Android 1.0

Post by theearthisflat »

i never ( android or revue) unziped any update i manually did.
i just renamed it to "unzip" and put it right in the root of the drive so for example H:/update.zip no folders no unzipping
McGyver
Android 1.0

Post by McGyver »

That is how I originally installed it...on the first try....(zipped)..and it worked......went thru the whole setup even...played around a while..watched a whole movie on Crackle....
It just didn't hold the new programming/update, after I removed power, to install update # 2.

I tried it that way (zipped) for the first 50 times, till I found Ben's fix, then went with it his way...(as pictured)
I'm unsure if I'm doing it correctly, hence the pix...

I'm trying to get the first update back on it.....

I actually have decided to let this thing beat me...I've spent WAY too much time on it......
I boxed it up, and I'm taking it back before time runs out/while I still can....
I'll just wait for the updates to come out with the rest of the world.... :cry:
Hope maybe this will renew discussion here....and someone else will benefit...

Thanks for the reply
BotsOne
Android 1.0

McGyver

Post by BotsOne »

regarding your screenshot, as far i as I can tell it should look like this:

note that the top file is update.zip (the compressed file), and not a folder like it is in your screenie.
McGyver
Android 1.0

Post by McGyver »

Hmmm...
Guess I misunderstood, when he said extract all the files....
Don't understand the difference, since I was originally doing it w/ ONLY the zip file with no success.
Maybe one of those lone files gets things going with the zip?

Hope this helps others...

I'm using my replacement Revue stock/as delivered for now...
That was a very frustrating couple days....

Thanks for the reply....
tolu24
Android 1.0

Post by tolu24 »

I installed Honeycomb 3.1 on my Logitech Revue(1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579) but, after access in recovery and install update.zip, out error installation aborted failed to stat build.pro.

I tried flash release Honeycomb 3.1 but go only error.

attached screen http://static.nexus-lab.com/wp-content/ ... 115116.jpg

Thanks