Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Ariq
Android 1.0

Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by Ariq »

I wanted to discuss how people feel about the new update after installing. This thread is for anyone to comment on their initial impressions and to praise the things they love and complain about the things they hate.

Please report all noticed bugs, even the little things.

Thanks guys
Last edited by Ariq on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phiednate
Android 1.0

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed

Post by phiednate »

Only had it up for bout 30 mins now but I have not noticed and volume bug watching live TV as was mentioned. I know someone was concerned about the media player. The interface is different but still seems to play all my HD video off my twonkyserver just fine. I didnt have any issues with it before though as all my videos are MP4 with h264+aac. I did notice that the new media player doesnt recognize any of the tag data in my MP4s. Loosing netflix is a bummer and I couldnt find a single app on the market that worked but going to the "TV & Movies" app has a nice layout for live TV which I am really liking. Other then that everything seems snappier and I really haven't had a single issue yet. Seems stable thus far but will update with more time.
Ariq
Android 1.0

Post by Ariq »

Has anyone been successful installing a non market app? Also double finger scrolling just went out on me. Anyone else?
phiednate
Android 1.0

Post by phiednate »

Double finger scrolling?

I found one app that would install...Pinball Deluxe. However, when I ran it, it errored out on portrait mode and exited. Odd thing was, afterwards I seemed to lose connectivity with my cable box. Image was blank when I went to live tv and even though i tried making channel changes, the box didnt seem to get them. Had to unplug to get it back.
Ariq
Android 1.0

Post by Ariq »

phiednate wrote:Double finger scrolling?

I found one app that would install...Pinball Deluxe. However, when I ran it, it errored out on portrait mode and exited. Odd thing was, afterwards I seemed to lose connectivity with my cable box. Image was blank when I went to live tv and even though i tried making channel changes, the box didnt seem to get them. Had to unplug to get it back.
Basically before the update, on could scroll by using two fingers on the trackpad. After the update it appeared to inverse the command direction. Then, after I used the Page down button I lost all the functionality of trackpad scrolling.

I was able to get the free version of XAlarm Clock working.

Another Bug: Caps Lock applies to both symbols and letters now. Also the market doesn't seem to like being open at all besed on speed and loading messages.
phiednate
Android 1.0

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by phiednate »

I always scrolled by just pressing down over and over but testing the two finder scroll seemed to work fine for me. As far as the market goes, I noticed it was really slow loading when I first opened it but after having gone back and forth from tv to the market a few times, it seems fine. Not as snappy as on my Evo but the amount of time the loading popup was on screen only seemed like a few seconds.
Ariq
Android 1.0

Post by Ariq »

phiednate wrote:I always scrolled by just pressing down over and over but testing the two finder scroll seemed to work fine for me. As far as the market goes, I noticed it was really slow loading when I first opened it but after having gone back and forth from tv to the market a few times, it seems fine. Not as snappy as on my Evo but the amount of time the loading popup was on screen only seemed like a few seconds.
Interesting. Can you check the search function and viewing and and tell me if it still seems that way?
fletch259
Android 1.0

Post by fletch259 »

Can mkv's be played now?
phiednate
Android 1.0

Post by phiednate »

Ariq wrote:Interesting. Can you check the search function and viewing and and tell me if it still seems that way?
Guess it was a fluke. Tried again and its opposite.
mitchsamuelss
Android 1.0

Post by mitchsamuelss »

Well. I just can't get my update to work.

-- Install from USB drive...
Finding Update Package...
E:Can't mount /dev/disk/by-topology/external0-part1
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount USBDISK:update.zip
Installation Aborted

Any ideas Ariq?

Does it have to be rooted? I have tried 2 different flash drives, in both ports, and the update does not have two .zips.