Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

raangu
Android 1.0

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by raangu »

aperry wrote:
raangu wrote:Hi all,

I've updated to hc without problems and everything
works fine, except one (important) thing:
MKV Playback doesn't work for any file, they worked
with the stock firmware (2.2) but now they don't work.
I already did a factory reset, but it did not work :(
Xvid works flawless...

Anyone knows how to fix it / has the same problems?

Thanks,
Raoul

MKV is working for me. I'm streaming from a Windows server, running Twonky. The only thing that doesn't work for me is DTS audio, which is pretty painful.
Yes, on the stock firmware it worked for me too. I am playing the MKVs from
an USB drive and the USB drive is also recognized, but everytime I start a MKV
file now, it says something like "unable to play"... :(

I will try to reflash this evening, maybe this works...
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

Can someone please hit the notification button from their home screen, and look up in the top right hand corner of notifications, and tell me if you see anything there, My Revue just rebooted for the 100th time, and now i have a triangle with an exclamation point in the corner, it bothers me :x
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
cesarb
Android 1.0

Post by cesarb »

smaggard85 wrote:Today I installed the HC update and everything worked perfectly until I hit the brick wall of not being able to sign into my Google account. I have tried changing my password, using a different account, using wired and wireless, and it's like my box isn't even hooked up to the Internet. I have also tried setting static IP on both wired and wireless, and nothing. I have gone back into recovery in 3.1 and did a factory reset and completely wiped the Revue and still the exact same thing. I noticed that some others had the same problem and was wondering if they ever fixed it or if this is something with the Google servers that will fix itself in a day or two...

Thanks for any help!

P.S. my error messages range from "Unable to establish reliable connection" to "user/pass don't match". Have also tried creating a new account from the Revue and am unable to create a new one.
Just tried after not being able to log in to my google for two weeks account and it worked. I did it with my phones wifi hospot. Give that a shot. I did not try with my home wireless. I connected directly to my phones wifi hotspot so i dunno if it worked because i used my phone or not.
shibbybird
Android 1.0

Post by shibbybird »

For the most part the build looks good Well Done! One problem I was running into is when I lose my internet connectivity the Wireless Connection menu gets stuck on scanning then eventually errors. On restart it works fine again... Don't know if anyone is experiencing this. Thought I would throw it out there.
sixvoltsystem
Android 1.0

Post by sixvoltsystem »

all of a sudden my TV& Movies isn't showing up. When I start it everything is blank with the message:
Nothing to play right now. PLease change your price,quality or time settings or try again later.

Anyone else with the same issue? I will try to do a factory restart, then reflash. So far it has worked great until this. I'm on Comcast, so I wonder if it has anything to do with them.
coggy9
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by coggy9 »

sixvoltsystem wrote:all of a sudden my TV& Movies isn't showing up. When I start it everything is blank with the message:
Nothing to play right now. PLease change your price,quality or time settings or try again later.

Anyone else with the same issue? I will try to do a factory restart, then reflash. So far it has worked great until this. I'm on Comcast, so I wonder if it has anything to do with them.
Same here. With Charter in the Albertville,AL area.....so might be a problem with Google.
I hope its not because the test(if any) is officially over...there is still a lot of bugs.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

coggy9 wrote:
sixvoltsystem wrote:all of a sudden my TV& Movies isn't showing up. When I start it everything is blank with the message:

Same here. With Charter in the Albertville,AL area.....so might be a problem with Google.
I hope its not because the test(if any) is officially over...there is still a lot of bugs.
Mine is down as well,tried changing all the settings, still nothing, oh well :shock:
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
tht1guy
Android 1.0

Post by tht1guy »

yeah same problem here with the what's on app
sixvoltsystem
Android 1.0

Post by sixvoltsystem »

I wonder if we can get a copy of the old apk if that would make a difference.
Helgi
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Helgi »

Install went well, no problems.

The two finger scrolling did work to begin with but now has stopped working. I know of a few people experiencing this, is there any way to get it working again?
The Logitech Media Player is much better now, although still not as good as I would like it to be.

Market works, installed a few apps without problems but some of the apps would not install.

Installed Dropbox app from the GTV Dropbox account within Chrome, worked like a charm. Then installed a few apps from there, all worked fine.

Thanks for the good work!