Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

VBCtv
Android 1.0

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Post by VBCtv »

Don't know how to get into the recovery menu on 3.1 yet. Still trying to myself as I keep getting a Server Unavailable error during set-up. The same bug that was known from 2.1
magisternautaque
Android 1.0

Post by magisternautaque »

Success! Had to go buy a new USB drive then it worked like a charm. Revue really is finicky about the USD drive that you use for the update. This is sweet! Thanks OP
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

long2know wrote:Does anyone know if getting into the recovery menu is the same after flashing the 3.1 beta?
Slightly different, instead of pressing FN and Left Arrow, just press Alt+L, and you should be set (following the rest of the procedure, replacing just that step)
resno
The Green One
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by resno »

magisternautaque wrote:Success! Had to go buy a new USB drive then it worked like a charm. Revue really is finicky about the USD drive that you use for the update. This is sweet! Thanks OP
What drive didnt work and what did?
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

I used a 4GB Kingston DataTraveler and it installed with out a complaint, first time, no USB switching even.
poqonos
Android 1.0

Post by poqonos »

Can anyone confirm Honeycomb 3.1 allows you to stream from Network folders, not DLNA. I would like the media player to stream video files(.avi, .mkv) from my DLink NAS(SMB Share). I would appreciate your input. Thank you.
magisternautaque
Android 1.0

Post by magisternautaque »

What drive didnt work and what did?
I was using two sandisk 4gb drives that I had lying around. I think the problem was that they had had lots of different files on them at one time or another including operating system images (ubuntu, jolicloud, meego). The revue seemed not to like that even though I had formatted the drives.

I went to radio shack today and bought a random 8gb sandisk for $11.99 and the update was as smooth as butter.
mhildebr
Android 1.0

Post by mhildebr »

Just successfully installed it. Looks good. Only one "force reboot" bug notice at the end of TV, AV Receiver setup. Some of the apps in the Marketplace work too. Avoid the pinball one as it sets Google TV in portrait mode and doesn't reset upon exit.
xplore
Android 1.0

Post by xplore »

Can someone help me out?

Trying to upgrade my revue to Honeycomb 3.1, but I don't have the original keyboard anymore.

In stead I'm using the Logitech Mini Controller for Google TV.

The upgrade procedure requires to press press the FN key (in yellow) and the left arrow (to the left of the OK button); but this doesn't work with the Mini Controller.

The Mini Controller does have the FN key, but pressing it together with the left key nothing happens.

Does anyone have an idea how I can progress?
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

xplore wrote:Can someone help me out?

Trying to upgrade my revue to Honeycomb 3.1, but I don't have the original keyboard anymore.

In stead I'm using the Logitech Mini Controller for Google TV.

The upgrade procedure requires to press press the FN key (in yellow) and the left arrow (to the left of the OK button); but this doesn't work with the Mini Controller.

The Mini Controller does have the FN key, but pressing it together with the left key nothing happens.

Does anyone have an idea how I can progress?
Use a USB keyboard. Plug it into the back, instead of FN+ Left arrow, simply press the Home key.