Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

mkiker2089
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue

Post by mkiker2089 »

I can't install the update. I tried formatting the SD card twice, downloaded the update from two different mirrors, and am sure it's named update.zip (only one zip, files extensions should be turned on for everyone, only newbs hide them).

I get to the update process and it says
e:can't mount /dev/disk/by-topology/external10-part1
(no such file or directory)
e:can't mount USBDISK:update.zip
Installation aborted

Any idea why?
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

mkiker2089 wrote:I can't install the update. I tried formatting the SD card twice, downloaded the update from two different mirrors, and am sure it's named update.zip (only one zip, files extensions should be turned on for everyone, only newbs hide them).

Installation aborted

Any idea why?
You do mean USB drive.. not SD card, I assume.

Before trying anything else, I would do two things.... 1. Try using a different USB drive 2. Put a random .avi (or other compatible container) on the USB drive you're having trouble with, plug it in the Revue while its on and see if the Revue can read the .avi
mkiker2089
Android 1.0

Post by mkiker2089 »

parrotheadmjb wrote:
mkiker2089 wrote:I can't install the update. I tried formatting the SD card twice, downloaded the update from two different mirrors, and am sure it's named update.zip (only one zip, files extensions should be turned on for everyone, only newbs hide them).

Installation aborted

Any idea why?
You do mean USB drive.. not SD card, I [fish-sticks].

Before trying anything else, I would do two things.... 1. Try using a different USB drive 2. Put a random .avi (or other compatible container) on the USB drive you're having trouble with, plug it in the Revue while its on and see if the Revue can read the .avi
Yes, I said SD card because the Revue says "apply update from SD card" even though it's really a USB kingston data traveler. I don't have another flash drive and it does read files from it fine. I even tried formatting it. Perhaps google has locked out the update? The "can't mount" part is a bit cryptic. Why can't it mount it. If the directory doesn't exist then make it.
txyaloo
Android 1.0

Post by txyaloo »

It's saying that because it either a) can't access the flash drive or b) the flash drive is corrupt.

Which port do you have it in, and do you have the drive in during the entire boot sequence?
mkiker2089
Android 1.0

Post by mkiker2089 »

I tried it in both ports. The drive works fine for other things. I thought maybe having other stuff on the drive was the problem so I formatted it and re-downloaded the image. I can open the zip file and see that there's stuff in it. Not what the error message may be looking for. I guess it's fate telling me not to do it and to just wait for the update.

I've read that people have had to buy new flash drives to get this to work. I don't understand that. A working flash drive should work. Why would a new one be any different?

Lastly I know some flash drives now are rated for different speeds. Is that possibly the issue that people are having? I don't know mines rated speed but it seems pretty slow compared to a hard drive.
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

mkiker2089 wrote:I tried it in both ports. The drive works fine for other things. I thought maybe having other stuff on the drive was the problem so I formatted it and re-downloaded the image. I can open the zip file and see that there's stuff in it. Not what the error message may be looking for. I guess it's fate telling me not to do it and to just wait for the update.

I've read that people have had to buy new flash drives to get this to work. I don't understand that. A working flash drive should work. Why would a new one be any different?

Lastly I know some flash drives now are rated for different speeds. Is that possibly the issue that people are having? I don't know mines rated speed but it seems pretty slow compared to a hard drive.
It could just be the flash drive; I wouldn't say its the speeds though... the one I used to update my revue is 4 years old and the tip is bent, it looks broken haha
You can get a cheap cheap flash drive from walmart for just a couple bucks... if it works... great, if it doesn't... you can return it (or return it if it works)
Another thing, whats the MD5 checksum of your update.zip? Just to make sure its not corrupt, I would suggest getting the MD5 from the copy ON your USB drive. I'm not sure if the correct one is in the first post, if its not, I'll find the MD5 of mine and post it here for you to compare. If they don't match, thats why it won't update...
mkiker2089
Android 1.0

Post by mkiker2089 »

A new USB stick worked. That makes no logical sense however. One should be as good as another.
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

mkiker2089 wrote:A new USB stick worked. That makes no logical sense however. One should be as good as another.
That is odd... I can't install apps through the market anymore... weird stuff, can't wait for a new leak or the final release
mkiker2089
Android 1.0

Post by mkiker2089 »

I've found that the official market has a 50/50 chance of working. I either get an error up front or it works all the way through. If I do get the error usually trying again makes it work. Most of the apps are hidden in the official market however I assume since they aren't fully tested for the Revue.

Amazon's market is the same way but it doesn't hide them. It just keeps telling me it's not going to work. Then when I do find the apk somewhere it does indeed work most of the time.

This can't be the final beta. I've been in beta's before and usually before a release updates start rolling out quickly to address little bugs here and there. It's working quite well for me, but I'm sure those on the official beta have seen incremental changes since this was leaked. I have little doubt that they also have a working Netflix and possibly a Hulu Plus app. Well, maybe no Hulu but we can dream. Netflix being a major player however would have to be included in the real beta.

Has anyone found an APK for a newer Netflix? Or one that is at least Honeycomb designed? The one in the dropbox doesn't work.
Liam.f
Android 1.0

Post by Liam.f »

Can anyone confirm a working remote desktop app? I'm awaiting my revue in the post but would love it to be able to access my pc for bringing a central hub to my new student house. The keyboard lends it self perfectly to the solution with the track pad! Ultimately I want to be able to set my pc to get new content while watching stuff in my living room, removing the need to continually go from room to room :)