Help to root Revue

Moderator: Revue Mod

homelyn
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Help to root Revue

Post by homelyn »

Hi,
I received my USB-TTL device buy can't see the output. I have a CP2102 Module Serial Converter USB 2.0 to TTL UART 6PIN. At step 6-7 where I must see the output I see nothing. Still the putty console is blank except for a little green box/cursor. I checked all the wires 10 times already and hit the enter key in putty, nothing works. May be I need to do something else?
tdweng
Android 1.0

Re: Help to root Revue

Post by tdweng »

I would suggest come join us in the irc channel #gtvhacker for further support. Most of us are on there throughout the day and your best bet for help.

If you had plugged your revue and ran any updates prior to trying to root you are out of luck since that has been patched in one of the early updates. It will only work on a virgin revue out of the box. We have not heard of logitech loading a newer version onto the boxes that would also cause it not to work, but they might be doing so now.
swapped
Android 1.0

Post by swapped »

did you setup putty correctly to use the right com port etc...?? did you run the revue at all prior to trying to root it.

Seems obvious, but you removed any jumpers on the TTL board? Have you tried swapping tx and rx pins just to test?
homelyn
Android 1.0

Post by homelyn »

I received it 1 week ago brand new and never updated or run it. No jumpers on the ttl board. Is is safe to swap tx and rx pins? I need to check the firmware. May be I just lucky and got an updated box.
homelyn
Android 1.0

Post by homelyn »

Help!! Anybody?
cve
Android 1.0

Post by cve »

I have a different TTL to USB device and had it initially going from TX to RX and vice versa with no output. Swapping the two fixed the problem.