what do you use your sony tv for..

jwyoung
Android 1.0

what do you use your sony tv for..

Post by jwyoung »

as the subject says, what do you use your sony tv for? I use the browser occasionally but now that I have xfinity, I hardly find myself searching for content.

Interested in what other have you used it for.
resno
The Green One
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: what do you use your sony tv for..

Post by resno »

as far as i know, the device has been as popular as the revue. im not sure how many users actually purchased it.
General Person Of Interest
Want to give back? :: Bitcoins :: Hardware ::
Furyus
Android 1.0

Re: what do you use your sony tv for..

Post by Furyus »

I purchased mine on launch day, here's everything we do or have done ;/

We used web apps quite a bit at first but now very rarely- the Flixster page gets our attention when we want to see movie trailers. Most recent to that we were having some fun with the WeDraw. I think these web apps were a great attempt by Google to create a standard using existing technologies that could easily work cross platform but unfortunately the whole world is app crazy right now.

I was running a DLNA server for sometime, using the Media Player to access but ultimately dropped to an ATV2 with XBMC. DLNA is awful technology- so many rendering devices & few mature server software.

We have two Revision3 feeds and one audio podcast that come in via the Queue, it's a simple way to catch up on some stuff but I ultimately think that's too geeky for most people.

I installed an antenna for a little bit of live tv which works well with "What's on" (except St. Louis only has 7 local stations!). Our primary usage is Netflix of course, just a few nice button presses away.

Oh and my daughter loves back dropping some Pandora to a slideshow of our Picasa Web Albums.

That's about it. I hid other web apps since that first week such as Napster, NBA Game Time, Sony Recommends, etc.