Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by mcd2000 »

The new interface of GTVBox Video Player is almost ready to be released.Here is how it looks like now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LCB38sAC8o
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
megus
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by megus »

Hi MDC
Love your Player man! Great job! I just bought full version and been surprise how many features it has..
Do u think it's possible to add switching Audio Tracks with CH +/- buttons as well as ALT?
I use Harmony Remote and can not program ALT button :(
Only right keypad present to choose from and all yellow buttons which u suppose to use by depressing FN button ..

How to play all files from a folder and switch to next file without exiting to the list? :?

Thanks
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

megus wrote:Hi MDC
Love your Player man! Great job! I just bought full version and been surprise how many features it has..
Do u think it's possible to add switching Audio Tracks with CH +/- buttons as well as ALT?
I use Harmony Remote and can not program ALT button :(
Only right keypad present to choose from and all yellow buttons which u suppose to use by depressing FN button ..

How to play all files from a folder and switch to next file without exiting to the list? :?

Thanks
Hmm. CH+/- are not used now. I'll think about this. Remember you can also use A (letter) key to switch tracks.
To play all files in a directory: long click on a file, you will see a menu. Also, you can select the first file in a directory and press Play |> key. This action creates a playlist, so you can use >>| and |<< keys to navigate.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

potato.xbe wrote: I was able to select my WORKGROUP > Computer name through the SMB discover, but GTVBox keeps crashing once it tries to open the directory. It'll be in the "Opening directory" message for about 5 seconds before a force to close message pops up. I'm able to share files with Windows XP systems in the network with no issues, DLNA through Mezzmo connects without any issues. I've tried to restart my homegroup, and I can still connect to XP but not Revue. Any ideas?
Wow interesting. Are you using the latest version (0.85)? I can not find any crash reports like these in my database...

Ahh.. you can not have 0.85 if you are on 3.1 OS... I've found it. Very unusual error. Try to put IP address of your share, instead of share name.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
tinsnow
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by tinsnow »

even my desktop's "D:/NewFolder'" was not being connected. My PC is windows 7. I can add the drive in my Mac as well as Windows PC.

If i give the IP address, it might change everytime i restart the router, unless that IP is a static IP in my Desktop. But first let me try if I am able to connect with IP address.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

tinsnow wrote: If i give the IP address, it might change everytime i restart the router, unless that IP is a static IP in my Desktop. But first let me try if I am able to connect with IP address.
You can setup your router to always give the same ip to your PC by MAC address.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

potato.xbe wrote:Managed to upgrade to 3.2, and updated to 0.85. Still the same error. Used my computer IP to access, still getting message that GTVBox stopped unexpectedly =/
Hmm.. It gets some error in the Samba library. Some protocol error. I have no idea why it happens yet. That is the first time I see such behaviour.
Maybe... is there something unusual with your share? Could you play with it somehow (create again, create w/o password, share different folder)?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

GTVBox Video Player v.0.88 is coming to Google Play.

I am starting the beta test of the New Interface. After the update you'll get two icons:
GTVBox Video Player - for the old stable interface.
GTVBox Beta - for the new unstable interface.

You are welcome to use any of them.

Improvements of the new interface:
- New Grid layout. If you've UPnP server that generates covers or use Thumbgen app to create your own for SMB streaming, you should like it. Basically, it is close to what you can see in TV&Movies app.
- Remembering of the actual directory that you used before exiting the app. To exit app LONGPRESS back button!
- Selecting sort order on the top panel menu.
- Possibility for many future improvements.

If something does not work well, feel free to contact me by email: [email protected]
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
tinsnow
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by tinsnow »

Tried the Beta today.
1) I selected Grid Layout and none of the folders or files are being displayed. the area where files/folders are displayed is black in color. However on the bottom of the page i can see the selected item.
2) While I was in grid layout, i tried to sort by name/sort by random etc. any sort while in grid layout is causing an error and asks me to force quit.

I reported two times in the app. hopefully the error report will reach the developer to analyze. let me know if you need any help.

My Device is NSZ-GS7
Last edited by tinsnow on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
tamanaco
Android 1.0

Post by tamanaco »

Just tested the beta in grid view and I'm able to navigate folders using the arrows and back button... but the back button does not allow me to exit the app. No Exit (Yes/No) pop up. Is there a "new" different way to exit the app? I'm testing on a Revue using 3.2.