Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
jbloggs
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by jbloggs »

mcd2000 wrote:
jbloggs wrote:I just recently learned about Plex using plugins with GTVBox. Saw mention of the LetMeWatchThis plugin, I've been reading and I just don't understand how to set this up and how it works with GTVBox. I have the Plex server running on Windows PC and GTVBox on Google TV. Can someone please help me with a step by step guide on how to get this setup and working?

TIA
Start from here: http://player.gtvbox.net/support/pms

Thanks. I will look into this weekend and see if I can get it working. Do I need to purchase the Plex Google TV App?

Also, on a side note, is there any reason you are not porting the GTVBox app to work on Android tablets?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

jbloggs wrote: Also, on a side note, is there any reason you are not porting the GTVBox app to work on Android tablets?
If you want to use GTVBox to connect to PMS, you don't need Plex Client.

There are many reasons. The main reason is that Google TV has its own media engine which is very different from other Android devices.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

maggisha wrote:I'm looking for following features - not sure whether they already exists..

Upon pressing the play button on the remote, it automatically adds all the songs in the folder as a play list. When that feature is available, it is good to have the following ones -

1. Shuffle play from the play list
2. Once the zoom setting is set on one song, it should remain on all the songs in the play list. It is currently losing it and I need to press on "Z" button for each song :-(

Not sure whether these features are good to have or even possible with GTVBox Video Player.
1. You can shuffle directoty listing using Options->Sort type->Random and press Play on the first file.
2. Why do you need zoom for songs???? :shock:
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
tinsnow
Android 1.0

Post by tinsnow »

mcd2000 wrote:
tinsnow wrote: So, I suppose Sony NSZ-GS7 does not support DTS, because of licensing issues.
I can also add that even if I was able to implement DTS decoder in GTVBox myself, I think I can not put such app to Google Play store because of the same licensing issues.
Hope you get the box soon and update us more on it. I don't mind paying extra for a GTVbox plugin which enables DTS functionality if it gets approved.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Looking for early testers for the new interface.
If you had ALREADY tested something for me and want to test something that still works bad... please, write me you know where. :-)
You should be ready to send logcat reports and staff when it crushes.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
maggisha
Android 1.0

Post by maggisha »

Thanks. Good to know the sort type option.
Regarding the zoom, I'm zooming all video songs to be very specific. The resolution is low and I'd like to zoom all songs from a specific folder that has all low quality video songs. The zoom feature gets lost once the song jumps to the next one in the play list. Is it possible to keep the zoom feature for all songs in the play list?
coronanlime
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by coronanlime »

Is there a hotkey to hide the status bar at the bottom. I know it eventually disappears, but sometimes there is something it is blocking right at the beginning of the video and I have to wait for it to go and the press 0 to go back to the beginning.
nelson1979
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by nelson1979 »

Hi MDC, how r u dude? this is the best media player app. I'm using it since I bought my TV several months ago. This is the only with all media support and subs. Amazing! But the last time im using it, it crashes after a few minutes of video playing. ALL formats. Never happened before with the same filles. I open this video on aVideo player or someting like that and i plays perfectly, with out subs tho. R u aware/working on this? need some log? Thanks!
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

coronanlime wrote:Is there a hotkey to hide the status bar at the bottom. I know it eventually disappears, but sometimes there is something it is blocking right at the beginning of the video and I have to wait for it to go and the press 0 to go back to the beginning.
Press Enter key to hide the bar immediately.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

nelson1979 wrote:Hi MDC, how r u dude? this is the best media player app. I'm using it since I bought my TV several months ago. This is the only with all media support and subs. Amazing! But the last time im using it, it crashes after a few minutes of video playing. ALL formats. Never happened before with the same filles. I open this video on aVideo player or someting like that and i plays perfectly, with out subs tho. R u aware/working on this? need some log? Thanks!
Are you using UPnP? I have received some reports from users using SOME mediaserver which has problems with subtitles (out of memory when loading a subtitle file which is actually not a subtitle).
Please, contact me directly over [email protected] to resolve this.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page