Confirmed Working Apps

Talk about apps goes here.
npavlo
Android 1.0

Re: Confirmed Working Apps

Post by npavlo »

I have a honeycomb tablet, so there is an "HD" version available for HC 3.X. I pulled the APK from that.
I don't think you can download that version unless you have HC from the market.

The interface is better on the 3.0 version, but all the info is the same.

xsirxx wrote:
npavlo wrote:Weatherbug works. All versions including tablet.
How do you know which version to get or is it automatic? For instance if I copy from my phone I would assume they arent the tablet version? Am I safe with that assumption? If so what is the best version to get and whats the proper procedure to get the tablet version of an app I purchased on the phone?

Thanks again!
--X

EDIT: Do we want the tablet version on the revue?
zoccer22
Android 1.0

Post by zoccer22 »

If you go to the market and search for any of the following key words you will be able to see many apps that should work. So far I have successfully installed and launched about 20 apps. I will go through and test these app and report when I know which ones work fully.
Search for:
honeycomb
tablet
xoom
samsung

By using these key words you can see a bunch of apps that are approved to run on honeycomb devices by the author. There are some games that work, and one of the best ones so far is a RDP program called Remote RDP Lite.

Good luck.
tcblues
Android 1.0

Post by tcblues »

But what about those of us that don't have a tablet and just an android phone?
All the apps I'm installing are android phone apps so they don't look pretty well... it would be great if we had a place were we can download apps for HC ;)
zoccer22 wrote:If you go to the market and search for any of the following key words you will be able to see many apps that should work. So far I have successfully installed and launched about 20 apps. I will go through and test these app and report when I know which ones work fully.
Search for:
honeycomb
tablet
xoom
samsung

By using these key words you can see a bunch of apps that are approved to run on honeycomb devices by the author. There are some games that work, and one of the best ones so far is a RDP program called Remote RDP Lite.

Good luck.
mrandroid
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by mrandroid »

IP Cam Viewer works great! (including the widget).

I now have it set up to when I press the Home key, there's a widget showing the IP camera I set up as a baby monitor.
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

Opera Mini and Firefox do not work. :(

Does anyone know how to change the download folder on Chrome to point to a USB drive?
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

xsirxx wrote:Has anyone tried Rhapsody yet? Or any other email apps? or finance apps like Google finance or Yahoo finance? any yellow pages apps? or Movies/Flixster?

Has anyone tried these apps yet?

Rhapsody(big one for me)
Google or Yahoo Finance
Yellow Pages
Flixster(not sure if the one installed on revue is app or web)
Orb
Weatherbug

Also does the webcam now work with any of the video chat apps? And are there any programs to tether your android phone to recieve and send text messages or calls on the revue? Thats another big one for me, Id love to be able to get text notifications so I dont have to keep picking up my phone...

Thanks much guys! and good work!!!
--X
Yellowpages works.

So does:
Solitaire MegaPack (from Amazon App Store)

But, Enjoy Sudoku does not work.

It would be nice if someone could keep a compiled list of all these confirmed working apps so everyone doesn't have to keep looking through all the pages.
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

Memory Trainer works ... but only in portrait mode, so it looks sideways on the tv! I guess if you turned your tv on it's side it would be okay.
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

Skyfire browser also does not work :(
Has anyone found a different browser that works?
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

okay found one - X Scope 6.2 works!

It is a relatively unknown browser, but got good reviews on hubpages.com: http://kschang.hubpages.com/hub/Review- ... Android-2x. It also lets you change the download folder, although I'm not sure the address should be for the usb drive.

Also, if you go to another app and then switch back to X Scope using the back key, it might crash on you. Did that to me in the middle of a test download of a video file.
npavlo
Android 1.0

Post by npavlo »

I got the Google Music apk to synchronize finally. I am not sure how, but it eventually showed up and asked for my authorization to access my music library online.
It will not play anything on my cloud though. It says when I select a song "You must be online to play this song". Anybody else have this issue? I am hardwired and not hooked up through wifi. Maybe I will try that instead and see what happens.

**EDIT
that was the problem. If you enable wifi it works perfectly.... This is cool, I really wanted at least this app to work!