Confirmed Working Apps

Talk about apps goes here.
jm9843
Android 1.0

Re: Confirmed Working Apps

Post by jm9843 »

tcblues wrote:my app list
Google Reader: https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... pps.reader
Google Reader would install/load for me and display articles. But when attempting to actually view an article would Force Close. In your experience, can you actually read an article?
androidblind
Android 1.0

Post by androidblind »

tcblues wrote:it is boring to try apps out doing all the process... you know downloading in the phone->usb->pc->dropbox->gtv and ... just to see that it is not working many times... is there any way to download an apk directly from browser??
I don't know if there's a way to DL apks directly from anywhere (I'm hoping there is as well)... For now I'm uploading apks right from my phone to Dropbox.
kentoe
Android 1.0

Post by kentoe »

androidblind wrote:
tcblues wrote:it is boring to try apps out doing all the process... you know downloading in the phone->usb->pc->dropbox->gtv and ... just to see that it is not working many times... is there any way to download an apk directly from browser??
I don't know if there's a way to DL apks directly from anywhere (I'm hoping there is as well)... For now I'm uploading apks right from my phone to Dropbox.
You could also just use "adb install" from your computer over the network to install apk's. You'd have to extract the apk from your phone first, but that takes like two seconds using adb via usb.
tcblues
Android 1.0

Post by tcblues »

Yes you are right :(
jm9843 wrote:
tcblues wrote:my app list
Google Reader: https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... pps.reader
Google Reader would install/load for me and display articles. But when attempting to actually view an article would Force Close. In your experience, can you actually read an article?
cdoty
Android 1.0

Post by cdoty »

kentoe wrote:I noticed this with Snesoid as well. Would it be useful to grab the error from logcat you think?

By the way this is the error:

Code: Select all

08-03 22:50:16.060: WARN/dalvikvm(1899): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x66a81778)
08-03 22:50:16.064: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1899): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
08-03 22:50:16.064: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(1899): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load emu: findLibrary returned null
If I'm not mistaken, this is a problem with the NDK not being available on Google TV.
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

Has anyone tried Rhapsody yet? Or any other email apps? or finance apps like Google finance or Yahoo finance? any yellow pages apps? or Movies/Flixster?

Has anyone tried these apps yet?

Rhapsody(big one for me)
Google or Yahoo Finance
Yellow Pages
Flixster(not sure if the one installed on revue is app or web)
Orb
Weatherbug

Also does the webcam now work with any of the video chat apps? And are there any programs to tether your android phone to recieve and send text messages or calls on the revue? Thats another big one for me, Id love to be able to get text notifications so I dont have to keep picking up my phone...

Thanks much guys! and good work!!!
--X
bwilksyo
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by bwilksyo »

For everyone useing dropbox to load apks...

Sorry about the all caps, long story. Ive been downloading apk files straight from 4shared.com and installing them straight from the revue box.

Ive got the fat32 thumb drive still plugged in and its synced for storage, im not sure if apps are downloading to it or the box itself. But its waaaay easier that the dropbox method
Hope it helps

Once we figure out how to get chrome extensions to work im throwin a party
Last edited by cj_000 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Next time, try to undo the caps lock button please.
npavlo
Android 1.0

Post by npavlo »

Weatherbug works. All versions including tablet.
xsirxx wrote:Has anyone tried Rhapsody yet? Or any other email apps? or finance apps like Google finance or Yahoo finance? any yellow pages apps? or Movies/Flixster?

Has anyone tried these apps yet?

Rhapsody(big one for me)
Google or Yahoo Finance
Yellow Pages
Flixster(not sure if the one installed on revue is app or web)
Orb
Weatherbug

Also does the webcam now work with any of the video chat apps? And are there any programs to tether your android phone to recieve and send text messages or calls on the revue? Thats another big one for me, Id love to be able to get text notifications so I dont have to keep picking up my phone...

Thanks much guys! and good work!!!
--X
xsirxx
Android 1.0

Post by xsirxx »

npavlo wrote:Weatherbug works. All versions including tablet.
How do you know which version to get or is it automatic? For instance if I copy from my phone I would assume they arent the tablet version? Am I safe with that assumption? If so what is the best version to get and whats the proper procedure to get the tablet version of an app I purchased on the phone?

Thanks again!
--X

EDIT: Do we want the tablet version on the revue?
bwilksyo
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by bwilksyo »

Yahoo mail works.
And allows you to long press downloaded files on your revue and select share to email them