??Sleep Timer??

your_mom
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

??Sleep Timer??

Post by your_mom »

I just got a gs8 and can't seem to find the sleep timer anywhere. Does this device have one? I own a gen 1 Sony gtv box and it has a sleep timer app, so I hope I'm just having one of those moments.
your_mom
Android 1.0

Re: ??Sleep Timer??

Post by your_mom »

I gave up looking, so I pulled the timer app from my gen 1 Sony box, modified it, and installed it on the gs8. Now I get a permissions denied error because its not a system app. Has anybody been able to install custom recovery on rel 11? I've followed the instructions exactly and the recovery is overwritten upon reboot. I tried rebooting into recovery through adb and repowering with the connect button without any success.
your_mom
Android 1.0

Post by your_mom »

I gave up trying since I had only had the box for an few days. Returned it and got another one on rel 10. Custom recovery and root installed without a problem. Now I just have to figure out why the sleep timer app from the gen 1 box is getting a different permissions error. Guess I'll have to hit up xda for that one since I'm basically talking to myself here.
your_mom
Android 1.0

Post by your_mom »

Just curious if anybody else would be interested in the sleep timer app I've ported. I have it working on my device and removed the need for root. It should work on any gtv device that has ir blasters.
keithacole
Android 1.0

Post by keithacole »

yes please
your_mom
Android 1.0

Post by your_mom »

Sorry for the late response. There's one outstanding item I need to work on before I can post an apk for you. If you know your way around eclipse and debugging I can send you the source and help you with the local remote pairing. I just haven't had much time to finish up this project.