Digital Snow after wifi update wtf?

Moderator: Revue Mod

replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Digital Snow after wifi update wtf?

Post by replaytv5000 »

I got one of the $99 deals today on the Revue, and as soon as I entered my wifi info, BAM made a check to the mothership and started DL'ing an update.

I had a great picture from the device prior to the update, now it is total crap.

I get pixely digital snow at the outset, and as it boots it gets worse. I also get a huge green bar that covers half the screen, where the top half is the aforementioned snow.

As luck would have it, I jumped on the deal as soon as it hit my feed, and purchased online to pick up at B&M. Now no one has them in stock due to this promotion and I am stuck with pixely digital snow from hell.

The only redeeming point is that the kybd happens to work with my unifying receiver from my MX anywhere mouse on win7... so there's that. Is that worth $99 plus tax?? But I digress.

Has anyone dealt with this yet? and please if you have... tell me there's a fix?? UGH

Frustrated.

PS: I owned the original G1 when it first came out, it is currently still in my possession and running (doggedly) Froyo, same with my white mytouch3g. My 2 nexus' 1's are hacked to death, and both my nook and acer iconia have the goods goin on too... what I mean by all of this is, I am no stranger to making our beloved little green fella do our bidding... I am not a hacker tho, for me, linux is a strange world to live in, I just like playing there! Thus my appeal to this board of gurus! ;)

cj_000
1.6 Donut

Re: Digital Snow after wifi update wtf?

Post by cj_000 »

It may have been the update - however go into your settings to confirm your video output. It may have changed, even if it is not apparent that it was. Just play with your resolution settings a bit to see if the picture quality improves.

However, also re-check the HDMI cables (disconect, reconnect). If that fails, you may need to just bring the box back and get a new one, as well "stuff happens".
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

cj_000 wrote:It may have been the update - however go into your settings to confirm your video output. It may have changed, even if it is not apparent that it was. Just play with your resolution settings a bit to see if the picture quality improves.

However, also re-check the HDMI cables (disconect, reconnect). If that fails, you may need to just bring the box back and get a new one, as well "stuff happens".
Ya, tried diff cables, diff TV, all produce the same effect... snow snow snow! :-\ cant evn see the menus to navigate them... this isn't fairing too well for me. So far its high priced plastic junk that they couldnt move for 4, then 3, nor 250... now 1 hundy... maybe there's a reason for it.

Admittedly, I am pissed off, so I am venting. If I wasn't forced into this poopy update... :-\ :-\
PuppyHacker
Android 1.0

Post by PuppyHacker »

Have you tried a Factory Reset? when I have problems with my box I do that and it seems to clear up the issues.

Are you plugging the HDMI directly from the TV to the Revue, or via some switcher or Receiver?
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

PuppyHacker wrote:Have you tried a Factory Reset? when I have problems with my box I do that and it seems to clear up the issues.

Are you plugging the HDMI directly from the TV to the Revue, or via some switcher or Receiver?
Ya, was on with Logi tech sup today and went through all that... he kept saying "hardware" but I was telling him it was after a "software" update...

revue is plugged directly as to eliminate any outside factors... tech said it's dead. BUT that the "warranty dept" was on holiday today! LOL Happy Warranty Dept. Day everyone! Canadians! hehe... He said they could send one out, when I were to call tomorrow, however I am opting to just return this pos to BB for an even exchange.

Anyhoo... I am using the kybd now for typing this, and it's ok. I wish it came with the Dinovo Mini!!! That would rule! But this one is cool, I suppose. For now.

Thanks for all the input ppl! Good board so far! ;) Also, Thanks Resno and gang for starting this site and all the progress on this front thus far!
camcdonald1
Android 1.0

Post by camcdonald1 »

can you post a picture of what the screen looks like? I may have had this same issue happen to me.
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

camcdonald1 wrote:can you post a picture of what the screen looks like? I may have had this same issue happen to me.
Can I post a picture? I have only been on here a couple of days...isn't there board restrictions for noobs?

Suffice it to say for the moment... its like old skool analog TV snow, like when you changed to a channel that wasnt broadcasting. Now add some pretty red n green flickering mixed in with the pretty white stuff... n ya... [shakes head at bad QC'ers at Logi!] And in spite of all the head aches I have had, we don't get a lotta snow here in phx, so theres that.
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

replay,

Use imgur.com to upload the photo then link it to us.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

zenofex wrote:replay,

Use imgur.com to upload the photo then link it to us.

Thanks,
Zenofex
ah good point... gimme a sec. still trying to make this pos take the update with major hopes that it will undo what the last update did.
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

i uploaded it to picassa from my tablet... hope that works

https://picasaweb.google.com/1106803335 ... 0268227170