Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
ameagari
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: LG 55G2 (Internet TV)

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by ameagari »

I am wondering if this app will resolve all the problems I have with other GTV apps by replacing them. problem is, I have the LG Google Tv. Is there a projection for when this app may be available for it?

Also wondering, does this app offer various channels to watch, like Plex does?

I apologize for asking like this, but I am not very tech savvy and don't know what half the words involved in this topic mean.

I think the apps I have somehow lack...a renderer? for example the error I get with Bubbleupnp is

"bubbleup can be selected only for playing a video to an external renderer (ex: TV) from another ap (ex: file manager)"

And I have no clue what that means. It happens when I try and watch channels on any of the servers I have running (server is one of the few words I understand!)

So I hoped maybe this app would...do what BubbleUpnP does but actually work?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

ameagari wrote:I am wondering if this app will resolve all the problems I have with other GTV apps by replacing them. problem is, I have the LG Google Tv. Is there a projection for when this app may be available for it?

Also wondering, does this app offer various channels to watch, like Plex does?

I apologize for asking like this, but I am not very tech savvy and don't know what half the words involved in this topic mean.

I think the apps I have somehow lack...a renderer? for example the error I get with Bubbleupnp is

"bubbleup can be selected only for playing a video to an external renderer (ex: TV) from another ap (ex: file manager)"

And I have no clue what that means. It happens when I try and watch channels on any of the servers I have running (server is one of the few words I understand!)

So I hoped maybe this app would...do what BubbleUpnP does but actually work?
The app is currently disabled for LG due to some tech problems. But this will be fixed.
No, it does not have channels like Plex, but you can use it a renderer for BubbleUpnp.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
ameagari
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: LG 55G2 (Internet TV)

Post by ameagari »

And using it as a renderer means...sorry, I am still pretty much an ignorant noob!
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

ameagari wrote:And using it as a renderer means...sorry, I am still pretty much an ignorant noob!
Well, you can use it with bubbleupnp as a player.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
zymurgist
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by zymurgist »

mcd2000 wrote:
zymurgist wrote:Hi Alexander,

Since the last GTBox update, my MKV videos are stopping at random intervals during playback. At first I thought it was a bad file, but it has been happening on every one I try. On some of the files, I can't even seek back to the point it failed. Any ideas?
People usually say "after the last update". But sometimes it is not GTVBox update that causes the issue, but something else in GTV system or on the server.
I did a little more checking and removed any other applications I installed, and I'm still having an issue with MKV files stopping randomly. I notice this happens more on MKVs with subtitles. I must be a new issue because I've tried movies that I know were working a year ago and they are having issues now. Is there a way I can download an older version of GTVBox to test my theory? Thank you.
Mr. Protocol
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by Mr. Protocol »

zymurgist wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:
zymurgist wrote:Hi Alexander,

Since the last GTBox update, my MKV videos are stopping at random intervals during playback. At first I thought it was a bad file, but it has been happening on every one I try. On some of the files, I can't even seek back to the point it failed. Any ideas?
People usually say "after the last update". But sometimes it is not GTVBox update that causes the issue, but something else in GTV system or on the server.
I did a little more checking and removed any other applications I installed, and I'm still having an issue with MKV files stopping randomly. I notice this happens more on MKVs with subtitles. I must be a new issue because I've tried movies that I know were working a year ago and they are having issues now. Is there a way I can download an older version of GTVBox to test my theory? Thank you.
What he said. I am also playing MKV files with subtitles, and I'm seeing the same thing. Other files play fine on a Boxee Box from the same server, Netflix movies play fine on the GTV hardware.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Well, you can first try to disable MKV extended (subtitles) support to check if this is a problem.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
zymurgist
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by zymurgist »

mcd2000 wrote:Well, you can first try to disable MKV extended (subtitles) support to check if this is a problem.
That did the trick. I guess I'll extract subtitles for now. Anything i can do to help debug this issue?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

zymurgist wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:Well, you can first try to disable MKV extended (subtitles) support to check if this is a problem.
That did the trick. I guess I'll extract subtitles for now. Anything i can do to help debug this issue?
You can try to catch a log when it fails. http://player.gtvbox.net/sendlog
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
Mr. Protocol
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Video hang verified as tied to extended MKV support

Post by Mr. Protocol »

I ran some brief experiments tonight. I played a 10-bit encoded MKV with embedded subtitles - it hung repeatedly at the same point. I started it playing again, but this time didn't enable the subtitles - it still hung. I played an 8-bit encoded video with subtitles and it hung too. Again, it hung repeatedly at the same point. It wasn't till I went into the config menu and turned off the experimental extended MKV support that the 8-bit video played without hanging.