Anyone know a good way to get netflix to re-install???

replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Anyone know a good way to get netflix to re-install???

Post by replaytv5000 »

Netflix was acting buggy... cleared data & reloaded profile, then things got worse. Now it starts when it wants to, but more times than not it won't even connect (just sits on the red background netflix screen with no progress bar animation).

Anyone else having issues? I would like to wipe it and re-install it if possible. I have TiBackup, but the backups do not have the apk attached and I don't know how to force it to attach the apk.

Netflix was my only saving grace on this tv... now that nflx doesn't work, this tv is pretty much useless. A factory reset is not really an option as I think the recovery is messed up somehow. I don't really remember since it has been so long since we rooted them.

I have searched the market for the option to reload nflx, but it doesn't even exist as we know it.
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Re: Anyone know a good way to get netflix to re-install???

Post by replaytv5000 »

update: I got TiBackup to see the attached apk within the TiBackup folder. So I uninstalled netflix using Titanium. Now upon a restore from within TiBackup, the direct and indirect options complete within a split second but fails to install the apk and the classic installer option (in TiBackup's preferences) results in "application not installed" after only a second.

I have noted from trying to install the apk via adb that there is an error code:

"adb install -r Netflix.apk"
58 KB/s (11908 bytes in 0.200s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Netflix.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]

A search on that failure displays many people having problems. I didn't find any in the extensive list that pertain to GTV. Most of them were devs that are using emulators. Although there was one link that said the apk was failing due to remnants of the old install being left behind in the file structure. I searched with root explorer and renamed all folders that came up "Netflix". There were a bunch, so I think that guy may have been on to something... but no luck as of yet getting nflx to reload.

Gurus? Any ideas?
Last edited by replaytv5000 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

Double post... safe to delete