Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
fvargasfrank
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by fvargasfrank »

mcd2000 wrote:
fvargasfrank wrote:Since your last update my mkv files lags a lot, is there a way to downgrade to the previous version?
Last update could not influence MKV performance. It could be smth with your system.
Everything was working fine before the update, Now I have to use my apple tv to watch the shows. There is no lag on the apple tv so I know is not my network.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

fvargasfrank wrote: Everything was working fine before the update, Now I have to use my apple tv to watch the shows. There is no lag on the apple tv so I know is not my network.
It could be some background app that slows down performance.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
[email protected]
Android 1.0

Post by [email protected] »

Hello

I am recent buyer of your GTVBox app.

I have 2 questions for now:
- why it is not possible from SMB to display the jpg (I can see only the MP4s in the folders) ?
- is it possible to have a bigger buffer since I am streaming fullhd files from my NAS connected to my WIFI network ?

thanks
Adrian
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

[email protected] wrote:Hello

I am recent buyer of your GTVBox app.

I have 2 questions for now:
- why it is not possible from SMB to display the jpg (I can see only the MP4s in the folders) ?
- is it possible to have a bigger buffer since I am streaming fullhd files from my NAS connected to my WIFI network ?

thanks
Adrian
Responded to the Group.Copy here:
- Player is just not designed for image display. It hides image files. However, if you have an image with the same name as a movie like Movie.avi and Movie.jpg, the image will be used as a cover/thumbnail.
- If your system and network connection can handle high bitrates, the buffer is quite enough (I've tested this). If your wifi speed is slower then the movie bitrate, increasing of buffer will not help at all.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Today on sale for $1,49!
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
creison
Android 1.0

Post by creison »

A quick solution is to transcode only the audio on the file, with something like ffmpeg. For example:

ffmpeg -threads 2 -i FileWithDTSAudio.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ac 6 -ar 48000 -ab 448k FileWithAC3Audio.mp4

Even a low-end system can do this far faster than realtime.[/quote]

HellYheee:) im doing the ac3 transcoding 6#s and its working perfect very nice quality of sound!
Thats the best solution for the dts gap problem now im figure out how to place the cover in the menu :P
I have a question, im using the external hd to store the files.
Is there a way to feed the hd truth the GTVBox by the smb network, i mean transfer the mkv's from pc to the hd without to unplug it from revue all by the smb network.
Thanks alot for your feedback and GTVBox dev for this gr8 software worths every penny!
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

creison wrote: Is there a way to feed the hd truth the GTVBox by the smb network, i mean transfer the mkv's from pc to the hd without to unplug it from revue all by the smb network.
You can use file navigator apps like File Expert or ES File Explorer to connect to your PC over SMB and copy files to the local filesystem.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
tinsnow
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by tinsnow »

A quick solution is to transcode only the audio on the file, with something like ffmpeg. For example:

ffmpeg -threads 2 -i FileWithDTSAudio.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -ac 6 -ar 48000 -ab 448k FileWithAC3Audio.mp4

Even a low-end system can do this far faster than realtime.
Hi,
Can you give some more information on this for people like me.
- Did you mean using Tversity or Plex or similar App.
OR
- install ffmped and use this command in command prompt

help would be appreciated. i would love to convert the audio only of DTS 5.1 to AAC 5.1 and do not touch the video format. It would play perfectly using GTVBox app.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

tinsnow wrote: - install ffmped and use this command in command prompt
That is correct. You can download ffmpeg builds for ex. here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
surge
Android 1.0

Resume data.. where is it stored?

Post by surge »

Where is the resume data (playstate) stored?

If it's local to the GTV player being used, can you create an option to store it where the videos are stored?
This would allow pausing from one room and resuming from another.

It could be as simple as a file that tracks the current timestamp of where the video is at and writing it to a file.
ie:
\\1.2.3.4\videos\dexter.s01e01.avi
\\1.2.3.4\videos\dexter.s01e01.avi.resumedata.txt

another option would be to point to a shared location for the playstate info
ie:
\\1.2.3.4\videos\playstate

here's a page that shows how MediaBrowser allows this
http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permal ... -computers

I only have one GTV player, but am considering a second and this would make the choice to get one that much easier :-)

thanks