NSZ-GS7 Canadian OTA link

Undisputed1
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

NSZ-GS7 Canadian OTA link

Post by Undisputed1 »

I bought the Google TV from Amazon.com, had a gift card I had to use and couldn't wait for it to come to Canada.

Problem is there are different firmwares for different regions and my box currently has the US firmware.

If you are getting a Google TV in Canada, can you please capture the download link for the Canadian firmware so that those of us with US devices in Canada can download and flash the correct firmware.
lordwill0722
Android 1.0

Re: NSZ-GS7 Canadian OTA link

Post by lordwill0722 »

Hey, just joined this place - seems like the place to be for anything with the GS7.

I'm picking up my box in Canada tomorrow, how can I capture the download link? just screen capture type deal?

Let me know. I will try to capture it
Undisputed1
Android 1.0

Post by Undisputed1 »

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately you it is not quite that easy,

There are a few different ways to get the link that is used to capture where the update is being downloaded from, you can monitor the log files and see if something prints out that identifies what the URL might be. I think that this method would be less reliable and would require you to download the android adb drivers.

The other method, would be to monitor the network traffic of the NSZ-GS7 using an application such as Wireshark http://www.wireshark.org/.

The idea here would be for you to route all your network traffic through a computer with Wireshark installed, into your NSZ-GS7. This can be done either by plugging a computer into your router via LAN, and turning your computers wireless router and connecting the NSZ-GS7 to the hotspot created by the computer. Anther user has posted instructions on how to do this here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25450500&postcount=25.

I think it is easier to connect your computer via wireless connection, read WiFi, and then sharing your connection to the NSZ-GS7 via LAN, this can be done simply within the settings of your wireless adapter, on Windows 7 at least. Then you would follow the same instructions in the post above.

the link that you would be looking for would be in the form,

http:/ /android .clients. google .com/packages/ data/ota/sony_beetle /XXXXXXXX.REL03_NSZGS7_CA2_1104_4384_20120724_URSC_S6725.zip

with the X's replaced with some string of letters and numbers.

NOTE:
The file will be downloaded in the background and you need to be monitoring the traffics before the download happens, it wont work after. So you would need to watch the traffic from the time that the device is first connected to the network, until the download initiates.
lordwill0722
Android 1.0

Post by lordwill0722 »

Hey, ya common ICS with the laptop - I installed wireshark last night as per another post (US OTA update) type deal.

I'll unplug all my devices and turn off wireless on the others, then just have cable modem -> router -> wireless laptop -> lan to gs7

The box didn't come in today however it's in our order for tomorrow.

Will let you know.
lordwill0722
Android 1.0

Post by lordwill0722 »

Wow... That was intense, like looking through a needle in a haystack :P

Hope this helps you guys :)

Full request URI: [Google Link] ... 4_URSC.zip

Gonna play all night with this badboy :)

Will post some stuff here if I have questions :)
Undisputed1
Android 1.0

Post by Undisputed1 »

NICE!!!

Good job! Very much appreciated!

Glad you enjoyed yourself.
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

lordwill0722 wrote:Wow... That was intense, like looking through a needle in a haystack :P

Hope this helps you guys :)

Full request URI: [Google Link]/ota/sony_beetle_ca2/f14f067ada65.PKG_REL03_NSZGS7_CA2_1104_4384_20120724_URSC.zip

Gonna play all night with this badboy :)

Will post some stuff here if I have questions :)
Links is now posted on the wiki at:
http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Sony_NSZ ... te_History

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
Undisputed1
Android 1.0

Post by Undisputed1 »

That is not the third update that is the first update for Canada only. Should be changed to avoid confusion.
lordwill0722
Android 1.0

Post by lordwill0722 »

Undisputed1 wrote:That is not the third update that is the first update for Canada only. Should be changed to avoid confusion.
Ya it should have 2 categories - US and Canada on the wiki
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

I've updated the wiki for now, of course anyone can edit it if you want to change it up a bit. There are the other regions updates too, but keeping track will be difficult to say the least. So, if you find more updates, please share!