3.1 UserDebug > Old Recovery > 3.1 Official Release

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

wcnghj
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

3.1 UserDebug > Old Recovery > 3.1 Official Release

Post by wcnghj »

Hello,

As you can tell from the title, I'm currently on 3.1 Official Release(b61925) that I downloaded from a thread here and updated using USB.

When I try to check for updates, I get "Your system status is unknown." I've tried with two different internet connections as well. I've also tried terminating Google Services Framework to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks!
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Re: 3.1 UserDebug > Old Recovery > 3.1 Official Release

Post by zenofex »

wcnghj wrote:Hello,

As you can tell from the title, I'm currently on 3.1 Official Release(b61925) that I downloaded from a thread here and updated using USB.

When I try to check for updates, I get "Your system status is unknown." I've tried with two different internet connections as well. I've also tried terminating Google Services Framework to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks!
The fact that you were still on user-debug is probably a bad thing to begin with. Logitech at one point had pushed updates out to all users including those on user-debug. The fact that you didn't get that update either makes me think that a.) you didn't have your device connected to the internet, or b.) there is something wrong with the keys on your box. With that being said, when you were at the USB update menu, you probably should have upgraded to 3.2 (b65871) directly instead of 3.1 (b61925). At this point you've lost root and since the keys may be damaged you've also lost the ability to receive OTA updates. I can say that being on user debug should not have created a problem with any of your boxes keys but you may have essentially voided your warranty by flashing an un-official firmware to the device. I hope however that I'm completely wrong and that you are just experiencing some hickup with b61925 or the Google update service.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but at least b61925 isn't a horrible build to be stuck at. Also, for anyone else reading, links to the current official firmware can be found on the GTVHacker wiki.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx