Revue emulates to play SNES, PS1 games

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

fenix88
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Revue emulates to play SNES, PS1 games

Post by fenix88 »

Hi all,

Does anyone try to emulate SNES, PS1 on Revue with "FPse" or "PSX4Droid" http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstat ... /Android/2

I think it would be great if we can turn "little Revue" into a all-things entertaining machine. I tried the 2 apps above but "FPse" can't be installed and "PSX4Droid" crashes and prompts "the application has stopped unexpectedly. please try again".

May I ask is it b/c Revue use the Atom processor from Intel and the apps are made for ARM processors so they don't work together? If yes, is there any possible ways to fix this?

I think Revue is a very powerful little box and has a lot of potentials. So far, my Revue can:
- play music, movies from usb, dlna with subs (some mkv files do play, some don't - I don't know why)
- download contents via torrent
- play game (only "fishing dairy" so far but it works perfectly)
- run apps like: "currents", "flighttrack", "Flipboard", "tapatalk", "airdroid", ...
- and other ready-to-use functions from Logitech ofcourse

I think it will be nice if any of you want to share your experiences here too, it helps we utilize full power of the box. But mainly in this thread, I want to ask about the emulation of Snes and PlayStation 1.

Thanks
AZImmortal
Android 1.0

Re: Revue emulates to play SNES, PS1 games

Post by AZImmortal »

You definitely can't run ARM programs on an x86 platform, at least not natively. The Revue would either need an ARM emulator (ironic) or the program would have to be rewritten and compiled for x86.
fenix88
Android 1.0

Post by fenix88 »

Thanks for the explanation. That might make sense but why other apps like "flighttrack" or "fishing diary" work? And can you give me some links for the "ironic" app? I can't find it anywhere even on google play.
AZImmortal
Android 1.0

Post by AZImmortal »

I'm not familiar with those apps but I'm assuming that they were coded with the Android SDK and not the NDK. SDK apps are binary compatible with the Revue but not NDK apps.

"Ironic" isn't an app. I meant that it was ironic that you would need an emulator to run these emulators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony
lilc09
Android 1.0

Post by lilc09 »

Damn, running emu's on the revue would be awesome.