Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Pinesal
Android 1.0

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by Pinesal »

Just confirming that I was able to install the update and login. I am using it now to make this reply.

It's Saturday August 6th.
cesarb
Android 1.0

Post by cesarb »

Pinesal wrote:Just confirming that I was able to install the update and login. I am using it now to make this reply.

It's Saturday August 6th.
Damn it i still cannot log in with my Google account. It tells me that my username and password do not match. It doesn't even try to log in. If i go to create new account and then click on sign in from within there it will try and like after a minute of trying it will say "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer service care."
radpsxlist
Android 1.0

Post by radpsxlist »

Ok I too can confirm this is all working again. I was holding off to flash mine till i heard it was working again. Went all the way through setup this morning. I had the issue with google sign in. So i clicked new account, then on the next screen instead of adding a new account i clicked sign in again. It was a different sign in than the first one and that one worked perfectly.
JoseJX
Android 1.0

Post by JoseJX »

My Revue was working with 2.1, but after the 3.1 update, I can no longer connect to my wireless router (WPA2 network, running OpenWRT). Looking at my logs on the router, the Revue connects fine, but doesn't accept the DHCP offer. I tried setting a static address, which lets me pass that screen, but the next step fails when trying to connect to my Google account. Any suggestions? Thanks!
BigMoeW
Android 1.0

Post by BigMoeW »

Updated and logged in yesterday. Maybe its based off location? I'm in MD
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

JoseJX wrote:My Revue was working with 2.1, but after the 3.1 update, I can no longer connect to my wireless router (WPA2 network, running OpenWRT). Looking at my logs on the router, the Revue connects fine, but doesn't accept the DHCP offer. I tried setting a static address, which lets me pass that screen, but the next step fails when trying to connect to my Google account. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Hey JoseJX,

I had the same problem. I wasn't able to connect to mine when I first did it. I reset the router, and ironically that fixed it. What security are you running on it? Mine was WPA2 using TKIP+AES. Mine you this happened on both routers I have access to. Now I was able to connect to it using WPA, but the reset ultimately fixed it.
MechDragon79
Android 1.0

Post by MechDragon79 »

Well I glad to see people are getting through the setup and getting to play on the HC OS but for me still not getting pass the setup been doing and trying everything mention in this thread with not luck.
JoseJX
Android 1.0

Post by JoseJX »

gdeeble wrote: I had the same problem. I wasn't able to connect to mine when I first did it. I reset the router, and ironically that fixed it. What security are you running on it? Mine was WPA2 using TKIP+AES. Mine you this happened on both routers I have access to. Now I was able to connect to it using WPA, but the reset ultimately fixed it.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try. To get it working again, I ended up getting a really long network cable, which let me get through the setup.
beebop
Android 1.0

Post by beebop »

I was able to install the beta on my revue last night, and overall it seems to be working really well. I'd really like to find a way to have the volume buttons control the android system sound instead of my tv or a/v receiver sound, but it doesn't seem to have that option. Also I didn't realize that it had no netflix, which is one of the main reasons I have the Revue, so I'l actually looking for a way to downgrade, or hoping for a new OTA update to come out soon so I can get back to 2.1(3.1 if I'm luck ;)
PensFan66
Android 1.0

Post by PensFan66 »

beebop wrote:I was able to install the beta on my revue last night, and overall it seems to be working really well. I'd really like to find a way to have the volume buttons control the android system sound instead of my tv or a/v receiver sound, but it doesn't seem to have that option. Also I didn't realize that it had no netflix, which is one of the main reasons I have the Revue, so I'l actually looking for a way to downgrade, or hoping for a new OTA update to come out soon so I can get back to 2.1(3.1 if I'm luck ;)
Sorry, there is no way to Downgrade the Revue - Wish there was, thats why Im sticking at 2.1 Rooted instead of trying the 3.1 HC