Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by mcd2000 »

Features for the next version 0.7 (it takes me longer than I thought):
- Selection of subtitle vertical position (now subtitles are customizable by color, size and vertical position!)
- Support for external mp3/mka/m4a soundtrack files. You have video from one file and audio from another one. Unfortunately, it is not possible to switch between internal and external soundtrack on-fly. The movie is always restarted. It is experimental. Could be sync problems.
- "Watched state sign". It was asked lots of times. If you use Plex, you've seen those circles showing that you watched some_part/all movie already. It takes me some time to implement this because additional database with url-percent data should be kept inside GTVBox app and syncronized with directory listing.
Suggestions are still welcome for this feature implementation.

- New playback infobar design... hm... don't promise this one...

- Bugs fixed, more bugs introduced as always.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

GTVBox Video Player v.0.7 is released!

- You can now select default vertical position of subtitles using K/M keys.

- GTVBox now marks a movie (if it is longer then 10 min) if you already watched it.
There are 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% marks. You can also mark/unmark a file by yourself with longclick context menu.

- I've noticed that most Mediacenters have a clock at the corner.
Now GTVBox have it too. It is also calculates expected time of movie end (like current time + last till the end).

- External soundtrack (Experimental!).
It should be a file in m4a (recommended for AAC) or mka (recommended for AC3) container with the same name placed in the same directory (like subtitles). I can not support MP3 for now, because Android has a common problem when seeking over VBR MP3.
To switch to external soundtrack press E. The movie will be restarted if external sound is found. Use R/T keys to fix sync time.
If you have a movie with DTS soundtrack, which your Logitech Revue can not play, just extract it, convert to AC3 and mux to mka format (over ffmpeg for ex.).

- HTTP streaming.
Mostly for IceStream users.

- Fixed subtitle outline saving.
- Fixed some crash reports.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
Alb-Spirit
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Alb-Spirit »

hello, does this app support rtmp playlist or rtmp links?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Alb-Spirit wrote:hello, does this app support rtmp playlist or rtmp links?
No. Only HTTP/HTTPS.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by replaytv5000 »

MCD2000,

What are the chances that your app could be modified to record a signal through the built-in tuner on Sony NSX models? Nothing too fancy, simple mp4 recording of a show. Perhaps even from a guide source?

Why? I am looking to move away from Win7 Media Ctr, and it would be great if there was an all-in-one app for Android.

At the very least, what is the likelihood that GTVBox could read .dvr-ms /.wtv extensions?

Thanks!
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

replaytv5000 wrote:MCD2000,

What are the chances that your app could be modified to record a signal through the built-in tuner on Sony NSX models? Nothing too fancy, simple mp4 recording of a show. Perhaps even from a guide source?

Why? I am looking to move away from Win7 Media Ctr, and it would be great if there was an all-in-one app for Android.

At the very least, what is the likelihood that GTVBox could read .dvr-ms /.wtv extensions?

Thanks!
Capturing of tv/dvr signal on GTV device is technically not possible.
Never dealt with dvr-ms or wtv formats. I should find some specs to check.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
tidhar.mor
Android 1.0

Post by tidhar.mor »

There are many keyboard shortcuts by now, and I can hardly remember them.
It would help if you could add a screen where the available shortcuts are listed.
This screen can be displayed semi transparent when the playback is paused, and also if the user presses some key like h for help.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

tidhar.mor wrote:There are many keyboard shortcuts by now, and I can hardly remember them.
It would help if you could add a screen where the available shortcuts are listed.
This screen can be displayed semi transparent when the playback is paused, and also if the user presses some key like h for help.
I am planning a full-featured menu, that you can navigate during playback.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
Moebius
Android 1.0

Post by Moebius »

First, thanks for this APPS and the updates.
A request, I really need it: to be able to quickly unmount and external drive connected to USB. I don't want to keep it on and connected when I don't use it. Maybe, when I quit the APP, it could show three options: Not quit, just quit, and quit and unmount.
An observation: some times the audio gets out of sync. All I have to do is to stop playing and playing back again (returning to previous position, thanks for that), so it's on sync again.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Moebius wrote:First, thanks for this APPS and the updates.
A request, I really need it: to be able to quickly unmount and external drive connected to USB. I don't want to keep it on and connected when I don't use it. Maybe, when I quit the APP, it could show three options: Not quit, just quit, and quit and unmount.
An observation: some times the audio gets out of sync. All I have to do is to stop playing and playing back again (returning to previous position, thanks for that), so it's on sync again.
I am not sure, that it is possible to access mount/umount operations from an app in Google TV OS. I'll try to check this out.

There are files (usually, AVI), that somehow have wrong timecodes which makes audio out of sync. I can not do anything with that. Maybe in future updates GTV OS will handle these better.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page