Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
SuperGTV
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by SuperGTV »

Hi, I just purchased the App through google play for my logitech revue, but it gets stuck on installing and doesn't complete. Are others having trouble with this since updating the market to google play? I have tried exiting and installing again, but it never completes.
Is there a way to fix this?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

SuperGTV wrote:Hi, I just purchased the App through google play for my logitech revue, but it gets stuck on installing and doesn't complete. Are others having trouble with this since updating the market to google play? I have tried exiting and installing again, but it never completes.
Is there a way to fix this?
This happens from time to time with Market/Play. Just try to install later. It should be OK.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
Fisniku
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by Fisniku »

mcd2000 wrote:
Fisniku wrote:I'm having problems playing some MKV files. It will play for about 15-20 seconds and then it will quit and show the root directory the file is located at. It's weird because it only does it with some, not all MKV files. Anybody else having this issue?
Does this happen when you play those files locally (from usb stick)?
The files are larger then 4gb so I can't really test what u are proposing. I have MKV files that are double the size that play just fine though. Any other thoughts?
whammoed
Android 1.0

Post by whammoed »

Fisniku wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:
Fisniku wrote:I'm having problems playing some MKV files. It will play for about 15-20 seconds and then it will quit and show the root directory the file is located at. It's weird because it only does it with some, not all MKV files. Anybody else having this issue?
Does this happen when you play those files locally (from usb stick)?
The files are larger then 4gb so I can't really test what u are proposing. I have MKV files that are double the size that play just fine though. Any other thoughts?

Format the drive in exFat. It will allow for the larger files.
Fisniku
Android 1.0

Post by Fisniku »

whammoed wrote:
Fisniku wrote:

Format the drive in exFat. It will allow for the larger files.
I didnt know the Sony GTv reads exFat formatted flash drives! I'll give it a try when I get back home from vacation and post the outcome.
pierre
Android 1.0

Post by pierre »

mcd2000 wrote:
ELItheICEman wrote:I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so please excuse me if I'm repeating what someone else has said or if this has been answered already.

Would it be difficult or even possible to have seamless playback from track to track when playing a playlist? I use GTVBox for listening to my music library as well, and every time a track ends there's about a five second delay before the next track starts. This is especially annoying when listening to an album that is recorded with tracks that flow together.

EDIT: It may also be helpful to know I also own the Sony Blu-Ray player, the NSZ-GT1. That's the one I use primarily for streaming music.
It is technically possible for music... but not for the video. So, it is complicated to integrate this feature.
I've noticed that many people use GTVBox for music now, while it is completely non-optimized for that: no background playback, no crossfade, no mp3 id3. It is very complicated to add these features to a video player and not to break smth. So, I was thinking about developing a separate app for music, which will include all streaming features of GTVBox (like smb/dlna/nfs) and at the same time will have all those music features like playlists, crossfade, album covers.
I am still not sure, how many people will use it, as there are Google Music app, Plex app, avia and many more music apps for tablets that work on GTV. I just need to know why people use GTVBox for music...
From the other side... I use GTVBox for music myself... I hate it, but Google Music is so stupid...
I would LOVE a fully featured music player. I have 10tb of music on a server upstairs. So being able to play my music off of an SMB share is key.
Album covers would definitely be a plus.
Music visualization would be even better. ESPECIALLY dual channel scope view, or a standard VU style output (bouncing needles would be cool)
Good random and search would be great.
FLAC, SHN, APE would be a nice bonus.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

pierre wrote: FLAC, SHN, APE would be a nice bonus.
Adding external decoders is very complicated without native code support on GTV.
That's why I can not add Airplay of music content. It requires decoding of Apple Lossless which is laggy in Java.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
BillVJ
Android 1.0

Post by BillVJ »

Hey your app is great...i was searching for an app like it.

I'd like to ask if there is any special detail for Greek .srt subtitles....i've tried UTF-8 but subtitles appear with symbols....

Also subtitles play for 2-3 sentences and then stop....

Any thoughts please
The best Internet Marketing # SEO - SEM & Social Media team in Greece.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

BillVJ wrote:Hey your app is great...i was searching for an app like it.

I'd like to ask if there is any special detail for Greek .srt subtitles....i've tried UTF-8 but subtitles appear with symbols....

Also subtitles play for 2-3 sentences and then stop....

Any thoughts please
You need to setup correct subtitle encoding in player's preferences.
If you don't know exact encoding, please refer to this list http://a4esl.org/c/charset.html
and just try all variants with "Greek" in description. ;)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
BillVJ
Android 1.0

Post by BillVJ »

Thank you very much!! Your link was very helpful....finally i can steram full movies with subtitles on them... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The best Internet Marketing # SEO - SEM & Social Media team in Greece.