Chrome crashes after kernel mod

jakoh
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Chrome crashes after kernel mod

Post by jakoh »

After going to the unsigned kernel, when i go to a website that uses flash chrome crashes. Also when i go to the advanced settings chrome crashes. everything else works fine.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Last edited by jakoh on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jakoh
Android 1.0

Re: Chrome crashes after kernel mod

Post by jakoh »

here is what i have done so far:
i suppose i ll start again, thanks for reading my case
So i redid the steps with the original USBs. Same result. then replaytv5000 suggested i remake my USBs and i did. While making the 4th disk i found that i was using a 8gb drive and dd finished but gave an error:
C:\Users\bali\Desktop\GTVHacker\Tools>dd if=../USB4.img of=\\.\V
f66-11e1-a4ec-002421ebce2d} bs=4096
rawwrite dd for windows version 0.5.
Written by John Newbigin <[email protected]>
This program is covered by the GPL. See copying.txt for details
Error writing file: 87 The parameter is incorrect
18066+0 records in
18065+0 records out
i think i found the problem, dd gave me an error on image 4 but i didnt pay attention. so the problem was i was using an 8GB card. when i used a 4GB card there was no error. will redo, hopefully everything works.
edit: With newly written error free usbs, I redid the steps, everything went as per the instruction (even the error on step 4). But chrome still crashes. maybe its a win vista issue? (wiki does say dd doesnt work with win7)
So today -3/6:
i did a "System Data reset" option 1 on the recovery menu. The System build is still "unknown." and nothing has changed.

Option 2 on the recovery menu. "system recovery" says there is no recovery data.

If i pick "system info" option in recovery the first two items are blank. I forget their name but i think it kernel version and something.

where can i get files for a clean install of 3.2 and then redo the mod? -
answered: http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Sony_Upd ... load_Links
  • Is there a way for me to find out why chrome crashes, through adb? -Still unanswered
    How can i update to the older build that i downloaded and start again? - Unanswered
[/b]

On another note, my system update is working, it almost updated itself to 20120222. I was lucky i turned off the wi-fi just to be on the safe side, i later looked at my update page and it was almost completely downloaded when it stopped. I am no longer connected to the network.
jakoh
Android 1.0

Re: Chrome crashes after kernel mod

Post by jakoh »

so since my last post i went ahead and put update 201201260 on a FAT format usb stick and rebooted into recover with the stick in. no problem to re install that version of software after the bad root.

rerooted after installing 20120126 now everything is fine. thanks everyone for you support. i will donate my time to this forum and to the developers.

i wonder if root went wrong because of some apps that i had installed previously or because i used a sd memory card in a usb adapter as one of my memory sticks?

google tv dvr, here we come. then we will have to pay royalties to Tivo! what a lame company Tivo is too. :lol: :x