Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
proximous
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by proximous »

mcd2000 wrote:I have no plans to make phone/tablet app as there is huge work with GTV (especially with those upcoming ARM-based) to be done.
Since most phones/tablets are ARM-based, I'll happily be your tablet beta tester when your GTV-ARM is ready :)

BTW, two minor/miscellaneous comments/questions:
1) Sort Order: The alphabetical sort is a bit off. Specifically, blank or space should come before any character. For example, I get the below which seems wrong:
Predator
Terminator 2
Terminator
Tron

2) Chapters: Any plans to support chapters? Currently the skip chapter button seems to skip 5 minutes instead of to the next chapter. Also, all my M4V files have chapter names. It would be nice for the name to display when skipping chapters, and would be nicer still to be able to get a chapter list and then select the chapter (like in VLC). (A nice related feature would be to have a skip ahead 60 seconds and a skip back 30 seconds buttons like DVRs.)

Minor comments for sure and not intended to distract from all the great improvements you're continuously making. :)
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by mcd2000 »

proximous wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:I have no plans to make phone/tablet app as there is huge work with GTV (especially with those upcoming ARM-based) to be done.
Since most phones/tablets are ARM-based, I'll happily be your tablet beta tester when your GTV-ARM is ready :)

BTW, two minor/miscellaneous comments/questions:
1) Sort Order: The alphabetical sort is a bit off. Specifically, blank or space should come before any character. For example, I get the below which seems wrong:
Predator
Terminator 2
Terminator
Tron

2) Chapters: Any plans to support chapters? Currently the skip chapter button seems to skip 5 minutes instead of to the next chapter. Also, all my M4V files have chapter names. It would be nice for the name to display when skipping chapters, and would be nicer still to be able to get a chapter list and then select the chapter (like in VLC). (A nice related feature would be to have a skip ahead 60 seconds and a skip back 30 seconds buttons like DVRs.)

Minor comments for sure and not intended to distract from all the great improvements you're continuously making. :)
You'll not be able to run the app on a non-gtv device at all. :-)
1) That's strange...
2) To support chapters in M4V I need a dedicated parser for the format. I have such parser for MKV, but not for M4V.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Here comes an advertisement!

GTVBox Video Player v. 0.55 released!
The player can now stream from your UPnP/DLNA server!
It allows you to add bookmark for any server subdirectory. Not only browse the whole server.
UPnP/DLNA support is in very early stage of development. It is tested and should work with: Twonky, Logitech Media Server, TVMOBiLi, Tversity.
In theory it supports any UPnP/DLNA server, but I've found problems with Windows Media Player (can not list content) and PlayOn (lists content but do not play streams).

MKV subtitles work if your server does not transcode the stream.
SRT external subtitles are reported to work with Twonky (and do not work with TVMOBiLi and LMS).
You can switch audio streams also when streaming over UPnP/DLNA.

Crashes when adding an smb/webdav bookmark should be fixed.
MKV subtitles parser is slightly optimised and should support more mkv files.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
gmschiller
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by gmschiller »

Love this player. my only problem with it so far is that it has a really bad sync problem everytime I watch something from a "network share"

Ia this a known issue? Or, is there something I can do to force it to sync better while playing?
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

gmschiller wrote:Love this player. my only problem with it so far is that it has a really bad sync problem everytime I watch something from a "network share"

Ia this a known issue? Or, is there something I can do to force it to sync better while playing?
Do you mean audio/video sync?
What kind of file formats are you trying to play?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
D-Bone
Android 1.0

Post by D-Bone »

mcd2000 wrote:Do you mean audio/video sync?
What kind of file formats are you trying to play?
Yes, audio/video. I have noticed this as well, but for me, it is a very small sync offset, maybe only milliseconds. Here is the file formats for one of mine that I see it with:

Code: Select all

Format: Matroska
Format version: Version 2
File size: 8.33 GiB
Duration: 2h 14mn
Overall bit rate: 8 850 Kbps

Video
ID: 1
Format: AVC
Format/Info: Advanced Video Codec
Format profile: [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC: Yes
Format settings, ReFrames: 4 frames
Codec ID: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate: 8 034 Kbps
Width: 1 920 pixels
Height: 816 pixels
Display aspect ratio: 2.35:1
Frame rate mode: Variable
Frame rate: 23.976 fps
Color space: YUV
Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0
Bit depth: 8 bits
Scan type: Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame): 0.214
Stream size: 7.56 GiB (91%)
Writing library: x264 core 112
Encoding settings: cabac=1 / ref=2 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=6 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=2 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=0 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=18.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=3 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language: English

Audio
ID: 2
Format: AC-3
Format/Info: Audio Coding 3
Mode extension: CM (complete main)
Codec ID: A_AC3
Bit rate mode: Constant
Bit rate: 640 Kbps
Channel(s): 6 channels
Channel positions: Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate: 48.0 KHz
Bit depth: 16 bits
Compression mode: Lossy
Stream size: 617 MiB (7%)
Language: English
These were pulled from Thumbgen. I use Handbrake to re-encode my files. If you need anything else, let me know.
If you think growing up is tough, then you're just not grown up enough.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

I don't think people would complain about millisecond sync...
Anyways, there is nothing in gtvapi that allows to control audio/video sync, unfortunately.
Is there any difference when you play the file over the net or from usb?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
Fisniku
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by Fisniku »

mcd2000 - I posted a few days back about issues when playing mkv files upon updating. Turned out its only one file. Others seem to play just fine! Kinda weird why it only does it with the one movie.

Love this app by the way! Just the thing I was looking for to love my GTV even more.
Liam.f
Android 1.0

Post by Liam.f »

hey mcd2000,
just wanted to say the upnp shares are working great as an early developement stage, just to provide some feedback I'm sure you already know(logitech revue connected to tversity set to trascode if needed). The fastforward functionality fails if you fastforward too far ahead(maybe its the way it reads through the file but if I fastforward more than 8 minutes it seems to crash the playback), but apart from that it seems to be easy to set up the shares and navigate.

Will the upnp shares be able to display the details page for movies in the same way smb shares do? Many thanks for your continued hard work.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Liam.f wrote:hey mcd2000,
just wanted to say the upnp shares are working great as an early developement stage, just to provide some feedback I'm sure you already know(logitech revue connected to tversity set to trascode if needed). The fastforward functionality fails if you fastforward too far ahead(maybe its the way it reads through the file but if I fastforward more than 8 minutes it seems to crash the playback), but apart from that it seems to be easy to set up the shares and navigate.

Will the upnp shares be able to display the details page for movies in the same way smb shares do? Many thanks for your continued hard work.
Fast forward is the common problem with Revue. I am a happy Sony user now, which does not have thise issues at all. :-)

Gtvbox shows thumbnails provided by your dlna server. It is not obvious how to make the same cover/sheet support as on local/smb/webdav. Upnp is not a filesystem, so you can not just ask it for "the same file in the same directory with jpg extension".
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page