Update firmware after root

dparker86
Android 1.0

Update firmware after root

Post by dparker86 »

Is there a way to update firmware after root? Or a way to unroot then update firmware and root again?
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Re: Update firmware after root

Post by gdeeble »

Manual Updates still work.
dparker86
Android 1.0

Post by dparker86 »

when i try to do firmware upgrade it gets to 100% then says verifying and then says download failed.
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

dparker86 wrote:when i try to do firmware upgrade it gets to 100% then says verifying and then says download failed.
I'd assume that it's corrupted if it failed. Grab a file manager, clear it out of cache, and try to download it again. If it still fails, try running the following code, which reverts back to allowing automatic updates. Or use your favorite file manager and change the file name back to otacerts.zip.

Code: Select all

su
mount -o,remount -rw /system
mv /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip.old /system/etc/security/otacerts.zip
mount -o,remount -ro /system
wtfchuck
Android 1.0

Post by wtfchuck »

gdeeble wrote:
dparker86 wrote:when i try to do firmware upgrade it gets to 100% then says verifying and then says download failed.
I'd assume that it's corrupted if it failed. Grab a file manager, clear it out of cache, and try to download it again. If it still fails, try running the following code, which reverts back to allowing automatic updates. Or use your favorite file manager and change the file name back to otacerts.zip.

su

Can anybody elaborate on this? How does one apply the code? TIA
Last edited by wtfchuck on Wed May 08, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissingSpartan
Android 1.0

Post by MissingSpartan »

I'm having trouble with this as well. I seem to be rooted, but all terminal programs crash on open, and file managers (ES, Open, many others) never seem to get root privs despite properly triggering su. Hence, I'm unable to switch otacerts.zip.old to its previous state. Any ideas or methods on this?
demologik
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by demologik »

wtfchuck wrote:
gdeeble wrote:

su

Can anybody elaborate on this? How does one apply the code? TIA
gain access to your box thru ADB on a PC.
dixeflatline
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by dixeflatline »

What firmware is this for 1.09 or the 1.13? If for 1.09 then you think this may work on 1.13?

Thanks,
DFL
btux81
Android 1.0

Post by btux81 »

I have successfully updated following the instructions provided but it breaks root. I am running build number V1.145 (Firmware version 3.2). I formatted an SD card and copied the 3 files extracted from PrimePwn.zip but it does not interrupt the boot like it has done previously. Has anyone had any luck rooting on this version? I have downloaded an OTA file from GTVHacker (48a52f02f44a.NeoTVPrime-ota.v1.0.9.zip) and have it copied to a USB Flash but not sure how to get it to work properly. Should I try to install this using remote adb? I have used ADB commands to send/receive and even flash files on a Nexus but it was connected directly to a PC. Does anyone know the precise command? Thanks for the support.
geremyv
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by geremyv »

The same issue here. It says download failed.