Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by mcd2000 »

danny29dec wrote: My Logitech Revue now not playing movies on GTVBox Video Player which I bought from Android Market! Is it related to license? Buying this apps on Android Market license is not support?
What movies? All your videos or some of them?
Logitech Revue in general is able to play MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, WMV.
If your movie is encoded by an incompatible codec, it can play only sound.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

By the way, today I've fixed LOTS OF Airplay issues for the upcoming 0.3 release.
Interesting issue that it was binding to IPv6 address sometimes. I think this was the reason why many people were not able to use Airplay on their homenets.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
tamanaco
Android 1.0

Post by tamanaco »

I don't know if they have been previously requested and that other priorities exist, but there are a couple UI enhancements I'd like to see.

1. - Option for font size and color for the folder and file listing for smb shares. (font size most important - Bold letters might suffice)
2. - The taskbar on the left side doesn't re-size when using the mouse. Only the keyboard arrow buttons in the Revue work when I want to see the name of the smb shares on the taskbar. When the taskbar is expanded it covers the folders and files listed on the left hand column. Clicking anywhere in the listing with the mouse has no effect on the taskbar.
3. - Different icon for the "External" shares - House icon for Internal (local) shares is nice. Two people side by side... means group to me.

I understand if these changes are not implemented in the near future... formats support and performance enhancements are more important.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

tamanaco wrote:I don't know if they have been previously requested and that other priorities exist, but there are a couple UI enhancements I'd like to see.

1. - Option for font size and color for the folder and file listing for smb shares. (font size most important - Bold letters might suffice)
2. - The taskbar on the left side doesn't re-size when using the mouse. Only the keyboard arrow buttons in the Revue work when I want to see the name of the smb shares on the taskbar. When the taskbar is expanded it covers the folders and files listed on the left hand column. Clicking anywhere in the listing with the mouse has no effect on the taskbar.
3. - Different icon for the "External" shares - House icon for Internal (local) shares is nice. Two people side by side... means group to me.

I understand if these changes are not implemented in the near future... formats support and performance enhancements are more important.
1. I thought it is large enough. :shock:
2. Yep. That's stupid. This is actually handled by Google's sidebar library. I'll look if it has some options to handle mouse events. The funny thing, that TV&Movies app also behaves buggy the similar way. I suppose it was designed to be controlled by the D-Pad.
3. I'm just not an artist. These were taken from the same lib as #2. :-)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

Version 0.3 is ready on the Market.
Unfortunately, no perfomance changes yet, but Movienizer and ThumbGen covers and sheets support, redesigned navigation and many Airplay improvements.

On the way:
Precaching - should help on high bitrates.
Progressive HTTP streaming (like IceStream).

PEOPLE! If you'he spent two bucks on this, your reviews on Android Market will help me even more!! ;)
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
slowlydownwards
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by slowlydownwards »

Just installed it tonight (0.30). Nice clean interface, no probs with playback. Looks really well. I could not get sheets to show up though.

I have wdtv live and the naming convention I use (as per ThumbGen) is:

Each movie in its own folder.

So a folder named Matrix would contain:

Matrix.mkv
Matrix.jpg (200*300 cover image)
Matrix.mkv_sheet.jpg (1280*720 movie sheet)
Matrix_sheet.jpg (1280*720 movie sheet for the folder, nice to have a different sheet for the folder and the actual movie file)
folder.jpg (200*300 cover image for the folder > usually identical to the above cover image, ie Matrix.jpg)

In Options > Application Preferences I have:

Covers and Sheets template > ThumbGen WDTVLive Movies Sheet selected.

Thanks so much for any help. I will gladly write a 5 star review for the app in the Market if this issue is cleared.

edit: Playing files locally (from a usb stick).
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

slowlydownwards wrote: edit: Playing files locally (from a usb stick).
LOL! :mrgreen: Shame on me. That a bug. I did only test it over smb.
I'll update Market version in an hour. :oops:

Ok. I've uploaded fixed version. Check for updates in 15-20 minutes.
Now It should work exactly according to your naming template.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
slowlydownwards
Android 1.0

Post by slowlydownwards »

mcd2000 wrote:
slowlydownwards wrote: edit: Playing files locally (from a usb stick).
LOL! :mrgreen: Shame on me. That a bug. I did only test it over smb.
I'll update Market version in an hour. :oops:

Ok. I've uploaded fixed version. Check for updates in 15-20 minutes.
Now It should work exactly according to your naming template.

Alex, you are a legend and an example to other devs out there!!!

Movie sheets working great now, love the slide effect. Thanks so much for prompt reply and uploading the update so quickly to the market. Hope you get featured real soon. Will leave my review. All the best.
whammoed
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by whammoed »

slowlydownwards wrote:
Matrix.mkv

edit: Playing files locally (from a usb stick).
USB stick eh? Did you compress the video to get it under the 4Gig limit of Fat32? All the movies I have in .mkv are more than 4Gigs.
deviousrich
Android 1.0

Post by deviousrich »

damd, just got to work! now ive got to wait all day to try this ;-)
if this does the cover art i'll purchase through market and 5* review it this evening!