Error formatting Chrome partition mke2fs status=256

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

daveb131
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Error formatting Chrome partition mke2fs status=256

Post by daveb131 »

My Revue recently informed me that the 3.1 update was available and showed a download button. I clicked on the download button and waited several hours and it did nothing. I tried several times but the update would not start. I finally decided to perform a hard reset on my Revue. During setup it checked for updates and informed me that it was going to start downloading it. About 5 minutes into the download I see the Logitech explosion screen and it starts downloading the update again. This repeated at least 5 times until I gave up on it. I performed a hard reset several more times and it was never successful downloading the update.

I finally decided to attempt to recover using one of the update.zip files and when I enter recovery I get the Formatting data message and then a Formatting Chrome message as I should. The formatting of the data is successful but the Formatting of the Chrome partition and the next partition fail with an error in mke2fs exit status 256. Logitech has already offered to replace the unit (based on not getting the update and not the failure in recovery mode) but they want to replace it with a refurbished unit and I don't want that. If anyone can provide me with any ideas on what might be causing the problem formatting the partition I would be very grateful.
overattribution
Android 1.0

Re: Error formatting Chrome partition mke2fs status=256

Post by overattribution »

I'm having the same exact issue. I guess I'll call Logitech and ask them to replace it as well...
daveb131
Android 1.0

Re: Error formatting Chrome partition mke2fs status=256

Post by daveb131 »

It took forever but I finally did get my replacement. They require you to ship your unit to them before they will ship out a replacement. They did pay for shipping both ways but I had to wait two days to get the shipping label to send it in. They also want you to send in everything including the batteries which I thought was a little weird.

I was a little disappointed in the quality of the replacement. It was a refurbished unit that was covered in scuffs. My original unit was pristine. In the end it really does not matter though. The unit powered on and got the update and I now have a fully functional Revue.

Good luck with yours!