Google TV Remote Control App With Skins(Beta Updated:12/16)

Talk about apps goes here.
gottahavit
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Google TV Remote Control App With Skins(Beta Updated:12/

Post by gottahavit »

updated app and skins with some tweaks and some cleaner skin code as well as a new "Clicked Hand" that shows you what you've clicked. I also added a Channel Logo Page to all the skins.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

sweet. grabbing it now
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

The DMA Patrol has deleted most of my stuff and what they left was ancient, so I have completely pulled all my stuff from dropbox and will not be re-uploading there. Hopefully folks can get to the mediafire links.

I have no issues with the fact that they are trying to organize the account, but the way they are going about it and their attitudes towards what they think are important and not has left a very bad taste in my mouth.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

I agree.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
Noyes
Android 1.0

Post by Noyes »

I like that this app looks so much like Google's app. That one really should support landscape for tablets. I have the original Galaxy Tab and this looks great. I do have a couple of suggestions 1) move the direction pad over to the right side (or make that an option right handed left handed interface) 2) add the swiping action that Google's app has on the direction pad it's easier to swipe up/down left/right without looking at the tablet screen and the way it is now I have to look at my tablet screen instead of my TV screen when using the direction pad.
sameer
Android 1.0

Post by sameer »

Hi,

I'm trying to develop an app for google tv. I only have a google tv emulator to work with. So far I have been unable to connect an android device or an emulator running the google tv remote app to the google tv emulator. I've read threads and guides which suggest I need to setup redirections but I dont know which ports are being used by the remote control app or the google tv emulator. Could you please elaborate the procedure to achieve this?

Many thanks!

Sameer
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

I don't have a working GTV emulator, I test my stuff on a regular emulator or directly on my GTV. Given that the remote software using UDB broadcasts I can imagine it will not be easy to get it to work. I did manage to get my emulator running the remote app to talk to a real GTV but that took some futzing. Here's what I would try.

1) Make sure you know the IP of your emulator
2) When running the remote app chose Cancel when it's searching and and enter that XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:9551 (this can take a while to connect)
3) If that doesn't work try to forward port 9551 through your router to your linux box to you emulator. How you do this I cannot help you with, as I am only running windows.

Good luck. You know the revue can be had for 80 bucks just about any day of the week?
mdbowman
Android 1.0

Post by mdbowman »

I would LOVE to know if this includes a button for dish network "Skip 30 seconds forward" and "Skip 10 s back".... it's on my keyboard by using the function key but not included in gtv's official app or able remote... it's in logitech's app but I have Ice Cream Sandwich and my phone isn't supported for logitech's app :(
mdbowman
Android 1.0

Post by mdbowman »

By the way - I was able to use your template and build a skin of the exact Dish remote and assign all the controls through the html commands. It works PERFECT!!!! THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!
gottahavit
1.6 Donut

Post by gottahavit »

mdbowman wrote:By the way - I was able to use your template and build a skin of the exact Dish remote and assign all the controls through the html commands. It works PERFECT!!!! THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH!
You are very welcome glad you like it. I have New version soon