Updating to future USB updates from HC "User-Debug" leak

Moderator: Revue Mod

millermoto
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Updating to future USB updates from HC "User-Debug" leak

Post by millermoto »

towboy123
Post subject: Re: Updating to future USB updates from HC "User-Debug" leak Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:15 pm

I would just like to re iterate that there is no need to do this method the OTA will install just fine without this method
I did a factory reset just to be safe
I wish this was at the top of the thread... No need for ADB or anything. It just worked great for me - the over the air update installed right on top of my user debug box. I then had odd problems with the market and other quirks until I read this. I did the factory reset. Looking great now.
sdinthemix
Android 1.0

Post by sdinthemix »

Hi all,

I am having trouble (chrome seems to be missing, can't modify input devices, market not working, etc) with my revue lately and have tried to restore the recovery so that I can go to the 3.1 official. I am currently on build b61925. I can connect to the device with adb but get stuck on the "adb root" command. I get error "adbd cannot run as root in production builds."

I have searched the board but can't get an answer that works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried it in ubuntu and windows with the same result.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

perform a factory reset, hold sync button til Revue reboots
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
barrettbradley
Android 1.0

Post by barrettbradley »

Has anyone tried this recently. The kids just complained this weekend that Chrome had disappeared, so I ran the factory default method of upgrade. After the factory reset, its not letting me finish the initial setup method. I keep getting "The Server is Unavailable" when either trying to accept Logitech's legal notice, or the one time I made it past that point, I got the same error when it tried to search for my cable set-top box. Any thoughts would be appreciated! :roll:
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

Are you connected over WIFI or by ETH?
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
gstaver
Android 1.0

Post by gstaver »

I am in the same situation as barrettbradley. My Revue unit was updated to the user debug. I ended up having to to a factory reset. And now I cannot get past Step 7 of setup which is accepting the agreement. I have tried both wired and wireless. What is weird is I can see it updating apps such as napster and twitter while I am going through the steps up until Step 7. So I am guessing without being able to get into the settings to enabl remote debug, and being on the release that i am on and not having access to the Recovery, my unit is now bricked?
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

It seems that it is logitechs fault for serving faulty over the air updates, look on the logitech forums for more info, I think they are replacing them with the wifi mac, eth mac, sn and other bull [stuff] as expected for logitech
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
jetaber
Android 1.0

Post by jetaber »

Bought an open box Revue that has build b54202 on it. When I run the steps here, I do not get the final output of "...successfully wrote block..." (there is no debugger IP address box as mentioned in step 3 - but it does connect and does not complain during the process) . And when I try to run "adb shell reboot recovery", the box reboots, but not in recovery mode. I tried to execute the steps from topic15, but the FN-Left Arrow Key has no effect. Suggestions on how I get my Revue on track?

Have an adding wrinkle ... if I run adb root and reconnect, then drop into a shell and execute 'su', I get 'unknown user root'.
Aegon
Android 1.0

Post by Aegon »

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the file to do this? I left my Revue on the leaked debug, and it's time to update it now -- too many errors left, but... with megaupload, multiupload, etc all gone, I can't download recovery_un-neuter.zip to get this updated, and OTA is not working for me. Does anyone have recovery_un-neuter.zip?
dcsoimpossible98
Android 1.0

Post by dcsoimpossible98 »

anyone know if this would work on the Official leak rather than the user debug leak? I'm wondering if using this method might help resolve the issues people have been running into upgrading google market to google play. There are apparently two versions of the same build out there. One of them does not allow the market to update properly. If we could get our hands on the previously posted recovery.img file, perhaps we can flash the most recent version of the official build.