Video player with audio switching (GTVBox/ViMu Player)

Talk about apps goes here.
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Video player with audio switching (GTVBox Video Player)

Post by mcd2000 »

vlad wrote:I'm too interested in DTS support. If I understood things correctly this is pending to the availability of native code execution library from google (NDK). I noticed there is instructions on how to get it installed "unofficially" over here:
http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Logitech_Revue_Technical. Hope this helps.
It was already discussed here: http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue-develo ... ic293.html
You need to compile a static library but it is not easy when you are using some complicated library.
But that's not a real problem. The real thing here is that Google's developers are warning about such kind of NDK. I don't want my app to stop working after some update of GTV.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
deviousrich
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by deviousrich »

mcd2000 - looks like someones been messing about in the dropbox. i was checking the version on the date in the drop box but since its all been moved i cant see whats what.
any chance of putting the version in the file name?

i'll be buying it from the market once we get to a final / stable release (unless you want donations some other way?) but the drop box is just a lot easier to use to keep things up to date
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

deviousrich wrote: i'll be buying it from the market once we get to a final / stable release (unless you want donations some other way?) but the drop box is just a lot easier to use to keep things up to date
Actually, I am thinkg the opposite. First, I put the new version to the Market, because I if a have reports of a serious bug, I can quickly revert/update the app on the market.
I was planning to put v.0.25 to Dropbox today, but I already have some crash reports on v.0.25. So, I am planning to fix it shortly. Should I put it to Dropbox in that case?

Anyway, I will put the version number on Dropbox release.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
My devices: Logitech Revue, Sony NSZ-GT1, Sony NSZ-GS7, Vizio Co-Star, Hisense Pulse (rooted), ASUS Qube and some others...
rosado1013
Android 1.0

Post by rosado1013 »

mcd2000 wrote:
rosado1013 wrote: Thanks for this wonderful app, I have some problems, A few of my movies have the subtitle in the same folder and name but it do not show up, also have 1920x1080p movies but they do not run the screen keep black do nothing what could be wrong
Double check the subtitles are in srt format and have srt extension in lower case.
For the file MyVideo.mkv it should be MyVideo.srt (NOT MyVideo.SRT or MyVideo.mkv.srt).
Also go to the App preferences and select encoding for subtitles.

I suppose some of your movies are encoded MPEG2 which is not supported by Revue any more.
Thanks for you quick answer, this is the specifications of the movie I" triying to play
General
Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
File size : 3,82GIB
Duration : 2h 1min.
Modo de tasa de bits : Variable
Tasa de bits total : 4 509Kbps
Tasa de bits máxima : 35,5Mbps
Video
Format : AVC
Duration : 2h 1min.
Tipo de tasa de bits : Variable
Tasa de bits : 3 900Kbps
Tasa de bits máxima : 40,0Mbps
wide : 1 920pixeles
high : 1 080pixeles
Aspect Rate : 16:9
fps : 23,976fps
ColorSpace : YUV
ChromaSubsampling : 4:2:0
Bit Depth/String : 8bits
Tipo de exploración : Progresivo
Bits/(Pixel*cuadro) : 0.078
Tamaño de pista : 3,39GIB (89%)
Audio
Format : AC-3
Duration : 2h 0min.
Tipe de tasa de bits : Constante
Tasa de bits : 320Kbps
Chanel(s) : 2canales
Posiciones del canal : Front: L R
Velocidad de muestreo : 48,0KHz
BitDepth/String : 16bits
Demora del video : 2seg.
Tamaño de pista : 277MB (7%)
I tried to translate but coud't find exact word in english, I can send you the link of it if you want!
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

rosado1013 wrote: General
I suppose it is BDAV (file directly captured from a Blu-ray disk). Revue do not support this. You should remux it into MKV or (better) MP4 format.
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
rosado1013
Android 1.0

Post by rosado1013 »

mcd2000 wrote:
I suppose it is BDAV (file directly captured from a Blu-ray disk). Revue do not support this. You should remux it into MKV or (better) MP4 format.
Ok! But my Logitech media player play it ! Should be another thin!
mcd2000
Ice Cream Sandwich

Post by mcd2000 »

rosado1013 wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:
Then my mistake. It is some other format. Are you sure that you provided all mediainfo output? What is file's extension?
ViMu Player
ViMu/GTVBox Google+ page
slyder0244
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by slyder0244 »

Is there a way to change the aspect ratio? To make a 4x3 stretch to 16x9. Most people seem to not like that, but I just hate seeing those black bars on the sides of the screen. Great player though I'm loving browsing my smb shares and streaming my video collection. Thanks for all your hard work mcd2000.
rosado1013
Android 1.0

Post by rosado1013 »

slyder0244 wrote:Is there a way to change the aspect ratio? To make a 4x3 stretch to 16x9. Most people seem to not like that, but I just hate seeing those black bars on the sides of the screen. Great player though I'm loving browsing my smb shares and streaming my video collection. Thanks for all your hard work mcd2000.
rosado1013
Android 1.0

Post by rosado1013 »

rosado1013 wrote:
mcd2000 wrote:
Can I post here the web link so you can check it?