[TUTORIAL] Save torrent files to an external hard drive

Looking for help doing something. This is one of the best places to start.
qwsaaswq
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

[TUTORIAL] Save torrent files to an external hard drive

Post by qwsaaswq »

So I got bored early and wanted to see if I could save a torrent file that was way to big to save on my revue straight to my 500gb hard drive and came up with this :o . First you need to get a file explorer .apk (i used astro's) and a torrent downloader .apk that lets you choose the save file directory (i used aTor) and install both (you may be prompted to allow installing from unknown sources, make sure you check this box)(also as the market has this listed as incompatible you will need to use a site like mobilism to get this file, or i might post a link to the file on my minus account). then using astro (or w/e file manager you find that works) keep going up until the file address says just "/". one of the files below should read "mnt" click this, then there should be another folder that reads media, and finally there should be a folder that says "usb.'etc' " (where it says etc there should be an alpha-numeric label). so at this point the address bar should read something like "/mnt/media/usb.etc", write this down or take a picture of it so that you wont have to go back and check it later. now at this point if you haven't already installed aTor (the aformentioned torrent downloader, that out of the 6 i had tried was the only that i could get to load on gtv) do that now and then open it. click the menu button on your keyboard then choose settings, here you should see the option to choose the "file" save directory. here you will type the address to your hard drives folder you found earlier (since there is no browse option). you can also change the "torrent" save directory to your hard drive if you dont feel like deleting the files after every use to save space. but once you've done this simply click the search tab and enjoy. I've so far downloaded to files since first doing this for the first time this afternoon and the speeds matched that of my HP that killed over last night. but like I said I've only been doing this a couple hours on my logitech revue with a 500gb hard drive so this may be slightly different for you or maybe I just have some almighty gift from god here idk. but if you can't get a hold onto one of the files mentioned leave a comment and i'll put them on my minus account and post the link here. OH AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW YOU USE THIS GREAT POWER THAT I AM BESTOWING UPON THE MASSES ALSO EVEN THOUGH I CANNOT THINK OF A WAY THAT THIS MAY DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE I WANT YOU TO KNOW I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU CAUSE TO YOUR DEVICE THROUGH THIS METHOD. If I'm forgetting anything or you have a question just post it in the comments below.
qwsaaswq
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: [TUTORIAL] Save torrent files to an external hard drive

Post by qwsaaswq »

ok so after doing this for awhile i have come to discover a flaw in this method. it seems that even thoughthe torrent files get saved to an external source it still bases the amount of free space available on the free internal memory. so since my revue has 321mb free the largest torrent i can download would have to be no more than 321mb. but because of this i have discoved that internet browser Xscope works well with gtv and gives you the option to sasve files to your external hard drive (if you know the path to it, refer to the method above) for if you were using a site like stagevu.com, with their option to download their shared videos, as long as your using it legally ofcourse.