Running rooted 2.1: How do I get the update

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

opcode
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Running rooted 2.1: How do I get the update

Post by opcode »

I'm probably one of 5 people who did the UART root method, then didn't update to the leaked 3.1. My question is will I get the 3.1 update automatically or does the rooted 2.1 not take updates automatically? I guess if nothing else someone will pull the update and I can install it through recovery.
havikx
1.6 Donut

Re: Running rooted 2.1: How do I get the update

Post by havikx »

DjGravity wrote:Im in the same boat as you, rooted with uart and never installed anything. I was waiting for 3.1 final to come out. Now i dont know what to do with this. I guess i dont know what the benefits of having a rooted device are, i get all excited to start soldering stuff and modding, then when its done im like now what.

All i care about is watching hulu on this thing and have the new honeycombe, is that even possible?

thanks.
best bet would be install the user debug with adb root. you can do the content bypass on that now, apparently. you'll have content bypass plus 3.1 honeycomb. just keep in mind that you guys have pretty full root, as far as i know. the user debug root downs allow r/w on /system.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
grayman4hire
Android 1.0

Post by grayman4hire »

Just wanted to check in...

I have a rooted 2.1 that I never updated to the leaked pre-release 3.1, so that makes 3 of us. Two more to go :)
PensFan66
Android 1.0

Post by PensFan66 »

Count me in as #4 - Rooted 2.1, but Ill need to read up on the content bypass for 3.1 - Thats my main reason to keep the 2.1 rooted
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

PensFan66 wrote:Count me in as #4 - Rooted 2.1, but Ill need to read up on the content bypass for 3.1 - Thats my main reason to keep the 2.1 rooted
listen to me guys. DO NOT UPDATE TO 3.1 then. i was running the user debug and i got the OTA. i mean... i woke up and my box was updated. no root. they didn't even ask me if i wanted to update. its really nonsesnse. i lost the contact bypass for 3.1.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
kizurt
Android 1.0

Post by kizurt »

#5 checking in. If I don't watch hulu anymore, is there a good reason to not update? Also, if I want to has anyone posted how to do the update for us?
Zpped
Android 1.0

Post by Zpped »

Well I guess I'm number 6... but I only just recently did the hardware root.

I decided to stick with 2.1 since it seemed like the only version with real root access and I don't want to lose that until the kinks have been worked out on 3.1

I'm having a tough time figuring out what I need to do for content bypass though, I cant seem to find anything on 2.1 but everyone says it exists? Anyone able to direct me where to look for content bypass on a rooted 2.1?
kizurt
Android 1.0

Post by kizurt »

Does anyone know how to or where I can find instructions on updating a rooted 2.1 to 3.1? Its the title of this thread but no one has really addressed how.