My revue can not reboot

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Andreslopezg
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: My revue can not reboot

Post by Andreslopezg »

turge wrote:
catchnsk wrote:I was running ..user-debug leak in my revue... that is mp-signed-ota_update-b58801.15d88c27-t.zip ( 176,303 KB). I had the east cost snow storm and the power was down for almost a week. When I switched on the revue.. it was always having the google tv logo page.. I was trying for about a week .. and was frustrated.. after that I found the ben's method and it worked.

Here is what I did in order for my revue to go to recover mode.

1) formatted my pen drive as fat 32
2) download the fresh ( first ) 3.1 update file.. from the internet which was named as 1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579.zip ( 155,182 kb)
3) placed the first 3.1 update file on the pen drive as update.zip
4) extracted all the files on the pen drive into the root folder with winzip
5) unplugged power (i did had hdmi out and ir blaster plugged in and did not had hdmi in)
6) placed the pen drive in the usb port nearest to Ethernet port
7) plug power in
8) count one mississippi then push the connect button. just push it once and let go, ( I was getting a click sound) and seems my timing was not correct, so I tapped the button again ( i was getting a click sound). this time my system seems have recognized.
9) sit back and relax as it will show the flash screen (logitech revue) then go black, and should show the update bar)
Thanks for that. My Revue became bricked a few weeks ago and I had tried pretty much everything in this thread to "unbrick" it until I finally gave up and decided to wait for a solution to develop.

Since we're expecting the official Honeycomb update from Logitech/Google, I started looking for some information and decided to check this thread to see if there was any new development in getting our bricked devices up and running. I saw your post and decided to try your method, although it didn't seem that different to what I had already tried.

I purchased a new USB key today for other uses, and decided to place the update file on it (which was already formatted to FAT32) and extract its contents to the root. I plugged it into the same USB port as you indicated and plugged the power. I tried what you suggested with just pressing the connect button quickly after 1 full second but that didn't do anything. Finally, I tried the normal method:

1. Plugged the power
2. Waited 1 full second
3. Pressed the Connect button and kept it pressed
4. The Logitech Revue screen came up. After a couple of seconds, the screen went black.
5. I released the Connect button
6. The Logitech Revue screen came up again. Pressed the Connect button and kept it pressed. After a couple of seconds, the screen went black
7. The update progress bar came up and after a few seconds, the setup wizard came up and I am now able to use my Revue.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ltkc0OmpPvE

Hi mr turge

His method does not work here the video evidence.

Please specify which version of firmware achievement to make it work?

I have tested this>

1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579.zip

other help please? I would appreciate in advance.
turge
Android 1.0

Post by turge »

Andreslopezg wrote:
turge wrote:
catchnsk wrote:I was running ..user-debug leak in my revue... that is mp-signed-ota_update-b58801.15d88c27-t.zip ( 176,303 KB). I had the east cost snow storm and the power was down for almost a week. When I switched on the revue.. it was always having the google tv logo page.. I was trying for about a week .. and was frustrated.. after that I found the ben's method and it worked.

Here is what I did in order for my revue to go to recover mode.

1) formatted my pen drive as fat 32
2) download the fresh ( first ) 3.1 update file.. from the internet which was named as 1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579.zip ( 155,182 kb)
3) placed the first 3.1 update file on the pen drive as update.zip
4) extracted all the files on the pen drive into the root folder with winzip
5) unplugged power (i did had hdmi out and ir blaster plugged in and did not had hdmi in)
6) placed the pen drive in the usb port nearest to Ethernet port
7) plug power in
8) count one mississippi then push the connect button. just push it once and let go, ( I was getting a click sound) and seems my timing was not correct, so I tapped the button again ( i was getting a click sound). this time my system seems have recognized.
9) sit back and relax as it will show the flash screen (logitech revue) then go black, and should show the update bar)
Thanks for that. My Revue became bricked a few weeks ago and I had tried pretty much everything in this thread to "unbrick" it until I finally gave up and decided to wait for a solution to develop.

Since we're expecting the official Honeycomb update from Logitech/Google, I started looking for some information and decided to check this thread to see if there was any new development in getting our bricked devices up and running. I saw your post and decided to try your method, although it didn't seem that different to what I had already tried.

I purchased a new USB key today for other uses, and decided to place the update file on it (which was already formatted to FAT32) and extract its contents to the root. I plugged it into the same USB port as you indicated and plugged the power. I tried what you suggested with just pressing the connect button quickly after 1 full second but that didn't do anything. Finally, I tried the normal method:

1. Plugged the power
2. Waited 1 full second
3. Pressed the Connect button and kept it pressed
4. The Logitech Revue screen came up. After a couple of seconds, the screen went black.
5. I released the Connect button
6. The Logitech Revue screen came up again. Pressed the Connect button and kept it pressed. After a couple of seconds, the screen went black
7. The update progress bar came up and after a few seconds, the setup wizard came up and I am now able to use my Revue.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ltkc0OmpPvE

Hi mr turge

His method does not work here the video evidence.

Please specify which version of firmware achievement to make it work?

I have tested this>

1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579.zip

other help please? I would appreciate in advance.
The method I posted worked for me with 1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579.zip
Andreslopezg
Android 1.0

Post by Andreslopezg »

hi.

1. I install 1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579.zip
2. I off mi revue
3. Bricked

4. I recovery 1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579.zip , no work for me.

:-( :-( :-( :-(
monkeyboy2001
Android 1.0

Post by monkeyboy2001 »

Hi all!

I just want to confirm that Turge's method worked for me!

I have a Revue running the user debug leak (mp-signed-ota_update-b58801.15d88c27-t) and it would not start after I pulled the power cable. I followed Turge's directions and it rebooted with the b58801 build. This surprised me since I was attempting to reinstall the previous leak (1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579). It never went into any recovery firmware...it just rebooted after the TV with the bar at the bottom disappeared! I was so relieved to see this that I signed up for an account here to give other people in the same boat some hope! I actually put my revue in the closet hoping someone would find a way to install clockworkmod or some other recovery software. I guess I needed a week away from my Revue (Quelle horreur!)

Now to finish my Star Trek DS9 marathon! Ka'plah! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

Just wanted to update everyone on two critical details:

1. Whenever I pulled the plug to move the Revue back into it's home, it got stuck on the logo at boot. Going through the process again fixes this. I tried this three times to confirm. I guess if I were to lose power or have to move the Revue, I will need to setup the device each time.

2. I do not need the flash drive plugged into the Revue for this to work.

Now to watch more Star Trek!
dibtastic
Android 1.0

Post by dibtastic »

I'm still stuck bricked after having the 3.1 UserDebug installed. After losing power to my unit all I can get to is the boot screen. I've tried all of the methods mentioned and can't seem to get into the setup to recover. I believe my timing is right, as I'm able to get my light to stay on on my USB flash drive when I press the button at the right time. I can't get anywhere from there. Any other suggestions. Any help would be appreciated.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

Well, you can try to use the unbrick by Zenofex, not sure if it will work.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
Berserk
Android 1.0

Post by Berserk »

Guys,
I have the same problem with my Revue/brick. I can't get recovery mode with any combination of sink button, USB flash or buttons on keyboard.
Does anybody has solution? I can't believe that this situation have no solution.
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Post by MStrawder »

As Discovered mentioned, you can try this method. It's definitely more involved, but seems to be the best solution for those who's systems do not respond to user input.
Berserk
Android 1.0

Post by Berserk »

MStrawder wrote:As Discovered mentioned, you can try this method. It's definitely more involved, but seems to be the best solution for those who's systems do not respond to user input.
Solution from zenofex didn't help me yet... So if some one has any advice - I will appreciate.
jTV
Android 1.0

Post by jTV »

come on Google TV hackers, we have high hopes in you!
I am pretty sure there are many of us with a brick due to power outage during set up that would really appreciate your effort.