Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Moderator: Revue Mod

mrf91
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Logitech Revue 3.1 Official Release

Post by mrf91 »

I'm trying to decide if I want to manually install this official update or wait for the OTA update. I've been reading this thread and I'm unclear how one knows if they have the "un-neuter" user debug build or not. I'm currently on "ka-userdebug 3.1 KA2X-20110901.113032 userdebug-b58801 test-keys" build number. I never did anything with adb to get to where I am and would really love to not have to get into that (zero experience and kinda makes me nervous).

So has it been confirmed that my build will receive the OTA update?
Last edited by mrf91 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HNF
Android 1.0

Post by HNF »

I'm still waiting for my OTA. I decided to hold off on rooting my Revue so that I wouldn't brick it, but now I'm feeling anxious.

I know Logitech is finishing over the weekend, but I'm feeling impatient.
plutino
Android 1.0

Post by plutino »

It seems that there is a reason for not upgrading from the first beta leak. The official update supports less movie formats that the first beta. See this post"

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/apps-and-sug ... html#p3072
herkguy wrote:Has anyone received the offical OTA update on the first HC 3.1 beta? I have heard lots of people receiving it from the User Debug, but haven't heard any reports yet of receiving it with the beta installed.

If they are pushing it to the Beta I will probably just wait!
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

mrf91 wrote:I'm trying to decide if I want to manually install this official update or wait for the OTA update. I've been reading this thread and I'm unclear how one knows if they have the "un-neuter" user debug build or not. I'm currently on "ka-userdebug 3.1 KA2X-20110901.113032 userdebug-b58801 test-keys" build number. I never did anything with adb to get to where I am and would really love to not have to get into that (zero experience and kinda makes me nervous).

UserDebug comes stock with the neutered recovery, so I would assume your is neutered and would need to be "un-neutered" before upgrading. As for the getting adb running, I recommend the following guide:
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/wha ... t-android/

Also, yes I can 100% confirm that UserDebug builds ARE getting the update. If you don't feel safe trying the update, just wait a few days and your box will be automatically updated.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

zenofex wrote:
mrf91 wrote:I'm trying to decide if I want to manually install this official update or wait for the OTA update. I've been reading this thread and I'm unclear how one knows if they have the "un-neuter" user debug build or not. I'm currently on "ka-userdebug 3.1 KA2X-20110901.113032 userdebug-b58801 test-keys" build number. I never did anything with adb to get to where I am and would really love to not have to get into that (zero experience and kinda makes me nervous).

UserDebug comes stock with the neutered recovery, so I would assume your is neutered and would need to be "un-neutered" before upgrading. As for the getting adb running, I recommend the following guide:
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/wha ... t-android/

Also, yes I can 100% confirm that UserDebug builds ARE getting the update. If you don't feel safe trying the update, just wait a few days and your box will be automatically updated.

Thanks,
Zenofex
That is good advice, i think i am going to wait it out.......

Thanks Zenofex
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

You will be happy, its got some stuff changed, but for the overall proformance of the box, i like the update
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

Discovered wrote:You will be happy, its got some stuff changed, but for the overall proformance of the box, i like the update
I love the way my Revue is set up, i know what causes the reboots, i know what i can and cannot install.
In all honesty, it really wouldn't bother me if i didn't receive the update, i would probably buy another Revue for the other room, but this little baby is all mine...... :D
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
camcdonald1
Android 1.0

Post by camcdonald1 »

Has anyone figured a pattern/reasoning behind why some userdebug revues have gotten the OTA? I remember on an early version of android (cupcake maybe) users found a way to force an OTA though a series of steps. Thoughts?
camcdonald1
Android 1.0

Post by camcdonald1 »

camcdonald1 wrote:Has anyone figured a pattern/reasoning behind why some userdebug revues have gotten the OTA? I remember on an early version of android (cupcake maybe) users found a way to force an OTA though a series of steps. Thoughts?
Answered my own question! From logitech support they said to long press pair button (1 min) and release. Skip the setup steps and navigate to settings>about>update. This worked for me on userdebug with recovery added.
Can anyone else test to confirm?
yogibehr
Android 1.0

Post by yogibehr »

This worked for me on the first leaked 3.1 Beta b55579 version.
I had to reset twice and then after I skipped the setup and went to the update screen it had already started the download. After the install, I had to reset the user data in order for everything to work smoothly.