Updating to future USB updates from HC "User-Debug" leak

Moderator: Revue Mod

NZ Buc
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Updating to future USB updates from HC "User-Debug" leak

Post by NZ Buc »

parrotheadmjb wrote: First enable ADB debugging on your revue, and enter the local IP of your computer with android-sdk

1. CD to ADB's directory in cmd (without quotes and parenthesis, and without the ":"): "CD (**ADB DIRECTORY HERE***)" (mine is "c:\program files (x86)\android\android-sdk\platform-tools"; so I would type in exactly: cd c:\program files (x86)\android\android-sdk\platform-tools

2. Connect to ADB (using your the local IP of your revue, for this example, I used mine)
:adb connect 192.168.1.???

3. Run ADB with Root
:adb root

you should get the message "restarting adbd as root"

4. Reconnect to Revue once it has restarted (again, replace YOUR LOCAL ip with the one below)
:adb connect 192.168.1.???

5. Take your Recovery.img and place it IN the SAME FOLDER that ADB is located in (simple copy + paste, and approve admin privileges if you're on win7)
Thanks heaps for writing this :) As a newbie to android, there are a few steps which you included, that others left out (understandably though!)

I followed your steps up to here, then the ones wiki on the first page, and get everything done easily :)

If anyone has even less knowledge than me - start command by getting to your windows run prompt (just press the windows key in vista or above) and type "cmd.exe"

Thanks again
kstaz
Android 1.0

Post by kstaz »

If upgraded to original 3.1 leak, and have done nothing else, will I be able to update?
catchnsk
Android 1.0

Post by catchnsk »

Hey guys,

I have been running the "user-Debug" leak, due to east cost snow storm there was a power outage.

Now my system is stuck with the boot screen ( Revue First Screen). How ever I tried it does not move further.

I tried connecting the USB keyboard, it does not even power up to press ALT+L.

Is there way to go to "recovery Menu" Screen ?

Thanks,
S
towboy123
1.5 Cupcake

Post by towboy123 »

Looks like we debug user will be using this method to get to the OTA
towboy123
1.5 Cupcake

Post by towboy123 »

I am stuck here as I dont have the left pane on my SDK manager

The first step will be to download the USB drivers. To do this, launch SDK Manager from the SDK folder and click on ‘Available packages’ in the left pane.
Expand ‘Third party Add-ons’ followed by ‘Google Inc. add-ons’ and check ‘Google Usb Driver package’, as shown in this image:

From this guide
http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/wha ... t-android/
IPvFletch
Android 1.0

Post by IPvFletch »

kstaz wrote:If upgraded to original 3.1 leak, and have done nothing else, will I be able to update?
I also upgraded from the original factory OS to the 3.1 initial leak (not the newer user-debug build). Can I get the OTA or do I need to follow the directions here as well? http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic254.html
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

I can't seem to connect with adb. I'm using OSX Lion, and followed the guide exactly. I am connected on a secured wifi network only (no ethernet connection on either the Revue or my macbook). When I run "./adb connect 192.168.1.102" from terminal, it waits a while then returns "unable to connect to 192.168.1.102". Anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

okay - i was able to connect to the device, but still having problems. (to connect I had to disable wifi on the Revue and force it to connect on ethernet, then adb to the ethernet ip). However, once I connect I type "./adb root" and get the following:

"adbd cannot run as root in production builds"

I installed 3.1 on the Revue using the usb stick method.
jd567890
Android 1.0

Post by jd567890 »

okay - finally got it to work. I never updated to the "user-debug" version. So, I downloaded that file and updated my revue using the "alt-L" method, then used this guide to flash with adb. Now what? Will the OTA automatically install? Or will I need to flash it via USB after someone posts it on here? If the latter, any idea as to timeline when that file might get posted? I don't really care about root on the Revue - not like my phone where it's actually useful.
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Post by MStrawder »

Google stated officially that the leaked versions will NOT receive the OTA. Logitech however may change that rollout process, but I doubt it. So those of us on the UDB will more then likely have to update manually. The process in this thread simply allowed us to utilize recovery again. The first build removed the ability for user input.