How to download apps from market.android.com to Logitech Rev

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

deborahaporter
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

How to download apps from market.android.com to Logitech Rev

Post by deborahaporter »

How to download apps from Market.Android.cm?
I tried to download apps from the Market but my device is not recognized in my Google account. The only device that is recognized is my Archos 7 IT ... so any download from the Market for Google TV I can not download ... any suggestion?
HNF
Android 1.0

Re: How to download apps from market.android.com to Logitech

Post by HNF »

Unless you root your device and install Honeycomb, it won't work.
tcrews
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: How to download apps from market.android.com to Logitech

Post by tcrews »

You don't need to root to install Honeycomb (leak). However...even with Honeycomb installed you don't see the device listed in the Market. You will have the Market app on your Revue though.... Lately I'm seeing more and more apps show up as well. I've downloaded a few and updated a few via the Market app on the Revue. If I don't see an app, I'll download it on my Droid 3 or Android Tablet and move it to my Dropbox account and see if I can install it on the Revue. Some work well, others immediately Force Close on launch...

Use your Archos 7 IT to download apps, Create a dropbox account and if you have Root Explorer installed on your Archos you can browse to the /data/app folder, find the app you want and long press it and "send" it to Dropbox. Dropbox installs easily on the Revue (you can browse http://www.dropbox.com and look for the mobile apps and download/install the Android one). Sign in, install the apps from Dropbox.

Of course...you'll have to be running the leaked HoneyComb....