Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Ariq
Android 1.0

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by Ariq »

smojica wrote:so here is a question. What if we cant live without netflix and want to go back. What do we do?

Just a thought.

Also the market doesn't load for me.
Unfortunately at this time there is no way to return to a lower build number. Is it likely to stay this way? Actually probably yes. Sorry mate.
jm9843
Android 1.0

Post by jm9843 »

mitchsamuelss wrote:Well. I just can't get my update to work.

-- Install from USB drive...
Finding Update Package...
E:Can't mount /dev/disk/by-topology/external0-part1
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mount USBDISK:update.zip
Installation Aborted

Any ideas Ariq?

Does it have to be rooted? I have tried 2 different flash drives, in both ports, and the update does not have two .zips.
edit: nevermind. I didn't realize this was already addressed.
Ariq
Android 1.0

Post by Ariq »

bryan1854 wrote:Has anyone attempted to go to the online market as in browser based?. then it should be easier to see what compatible , or does google tv not show up in your device list?
Turns out that even though my revue was in my device list not three days ago, it is no longer to be found on the online market.
bryan1854
Android 1.0

Post by bryan1854 »

Has anyone Visited android police and tried a couple of there solutions for the xoom and transformer? http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07/21 ... hones-too/
Ariq
Android 1.0

Post by Ariq »

bryan1854 wrote:Has anyone Visited android police and tried a couple of there solutions for the xoom and transformer? http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/07/21 ... hones-too/
The problem does not seem to be what the file is, it is that Non-market apps will not install even though the unknown sources box is checked. If someone figures that out (which will probably come after root is achieved) then we may be good to go. The other problem being the revue will always close anything that are in portrait mode which that app launches on my xoom by default that way. Sucks pretty good.
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

Installed HC 3.1 and must say its so much better than 2.1 which was on mine, but now I got a question for people using Media Servers. I've got media tomb running on my linux server with my movies in M2TS and it seems it won't play them. Anyone with success with those files? I know that before Media Player wouldn't even see them or AVI, and AVI video works great. MKV is working though.
long2know
Android 1.0

Post by long2know »

I installed Honeycomb and went through the set-up without a hitch.

I powered-off/unplugged the Revue a while later after the setup, and now when I turn it on, it seems to be stuck at the splash screen. Any ideas on what might cause this or a fix?
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

long2know wrote:I installed Honeycomb and went through the set-up without a hitch.

I powered-off/unplugged the Revue a while later after the setup, and now when I turn it on, it seems to be stuck at the splash screen. Any ideas on what might cause this or a fix?
Can you try to re-install the update by going back into the recovery menu?

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
long2know
Android 1.0

Post by long2know »

zenofex wrote:
long2know wrote:I installed Honeycomb and went through the set-up without a hitch.

Thanks,
Zenofex
So far, I can't even get back into the recovery menu. I follow the same steps - power off, wait a sec, hold connect until it reboots and let go once the splash screen is displayed. It will just sit there again with the splash screen.
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

long2know wrote:
zenofex wrote:

Thanks,
Zenofex
So far, I can't even get back into the recovery menu. I follow the same steps - power off, wait a sec, hold connect until it reboots and let go once the splash screen is displayed. It will just sit there again with the splash screen.
It sounds like you may have bricked your box. For now, there is no recovery.

However, when you unplugged the Revue a while later after the setup - was it still doing the setup? At which stage was it? This is important as the bootloader and recovery are both updated (which can be dangerous, especially if the box suffers a loss of power).