Greetings. I’ve heard about exploits on DVD players recently, so I was pretty surprised when I saw a Sony BDP-S5100 for $9 at my local thrift store. Took it home and updated its firmware to the latest version since VUDU wasn’t working with the old firmware. Then I tried the exploit. The first few times I did it, the vudu.txt just got deleted but no Telnet connection opened up. I modified the bash script to make a file called log.txt and when I attempt the exploit, it doesn’t create this file.
VUDU loads up its UI with the USB inserted and it stops deleting the vudu.txt after a few attempts (unplug, insert USB, power on, select VUDU), not sure why.
So I think this exploit is not working anymore. I tried all sorts of things like changing file permissions but I never seem to gotten the shell script to run. I am gonna try to see if can fake an update to the DVD player.
1 post • Page 1 of 1